Excessive Guilt?

AutonomousAutomaton

"I did a bad thing but I'm not a bad person." I have to remind myself of this all the time. Do any of you start thinking you're a totally evil person when you realize you've done something wrong? Maybe it's because we think in extremes.

EscapeArtist

I don't mean to sound like a self pity party, I don't pity myself, but I know I'm a guilty person, guilty as in deserving of punishment, maybe just for thinking myself guilty. I've hated myself from guilt ever since I covered a sheet of paper, front and back, with the phrase in the 1st grade. You're not alone with that guilt, and you're not a bad person! You're human. Don't let the guilt get to you, we all make mistakes, nothing you do is "evil", evil leaves room for good and good leaves room for evil, evil spawns future good, I see it in the form of sensitivity. Somehow I don't know if I can say the same for me.

DekKO

I'm getting better at it but sometimes when i'm alone I can't help but think of something bad i've done. I just think to myself what's done is done, you can't take it back. Give it a try.

IamThisOne

Yeah. When I feel like I have hurt someone I will apologize excessively for it. I will worry all night about it. I also tend to feel guilty because I am nothing but a monster, a waste of space.