Eaten Alive is animal cruelty!

Draconess25

https://www.change.org/p/discovery-channel-stop-the-airing-of-eaten-alive-boycott-discovery-channel

I don't know if this is allowed, if it's considered solicitation or spamming or whatnot, but I really don't care. Losing my account is nothing compared to this sick example of animal cruelty. If you haven't heard already, On December 7, Discovery Channel is airing a special called Eaten Alive. Dressed in a "snake-proof" suit, Paul Rosalie will let himself be swallowed whole by a green anaconda. Why? Apparently shoving yourself down an animal's throat will somehow alert the public to rainforest destruction. Basically it's just a publicity stunt with a convenient excuse, just something to get ratings.

The special has already been filmed, and the snake "survived", but people who get their necks broke in a car crash can also "survive". How badly was that poor animal injured? There are only 2 ways Rosolie could've escaped alive: either they cut the snake open, or they forced it to regurgitate. Both are extremely traumatic for a snake. Cutting it open kind of goes without saying; not only is being cut just painful, but it can lead to infection and certainly blood loss. Regurgitation would also be dangerous, as it can cause damage to the snake's mouth and throat. Once again, this would lead to pain, infection, and blood loss, not to mention wasting all that energy without gaining any nutrients.

How long did the snake even "survive" for? It could've already perished from its injuries, and I doubt we'd ever know. With all the outcry over this blatant example of animal cruelty, I doubt Discovery would ever admit to the public if the animal died. FOR NO GOOD REASON. It's pure sensationalism. There are plenty of better, safer, more MATURE ways to notify the public of rainforest destruction. Rosolie says "For those worried about animal cruelty, I invite you to research my work – read my book, then ask yourself: would this person ever hurt an animal?" You know who else wrote a book? Hitler. Not that I'm comparing this to the Holocaust, but actions speak louder than words.
To read more, PETA criticizes 'Eaten Alive' TV show for animal cruelty | Reuters

The petition again, https://www.change.org/p/discovery-channel-stop-the-airing-of-eaten-alive-boycott-discovery-channel

Please sign this. You don't have to like snakes, but think of how wrong this would be for ANY animal. You can use a fake name and address if you want to stay anonymous, it'll still count as a signature. If you can/would, please also boycott the Discovery Channel. I rarely watch it anymore because all they have is dumb crap like this, so it's not a loss to me. If you want to call them directly and voice your opinion, call 1-571-262-4899. Even though this is already filmed, we can deny them those ratings so they don't pull something like this again. Contact Paul Rosolie himself at » Contact Paul Rosolie

Xervello

https://www.change.org/p/discovery-channel-stop-the-airing-of-eaten-alive-boycott-discovery-channel

I don't know if this is allowed, if it's considered solicitation or spamming or whatnot, but I really don't care. Losing my account is nothing compared to this sick example of animal cruelty. If you haven't heard already, On December 7, Discovery Channel is airing a special called Eaten Alive. Dressed in a "snake-proof" suit, Paul Rosalie will let himself be swallowed whole by a green anaconda. Why? Apparently shoving yourself down an animal's throat will somehow alert the public to rainforest destruction. Basically it's just a publicity stunt with a convenient excuse, just something to get ratings.

The special has already been filmed, and the snake "survived", but people who get their necks broke in a car crash can also "survive". How badly was that poor animal injured? There are only 2 ways Rosolie could've escaped alive: either they cut the snake open, or they forced it to regurgitate. Both are extremely traumatic for a snake. Cutting it open kind of goes without saying; not only is being cut just painful, but it can lead to infection and certainly blood loss. Regurgitation would also be dangerous, as it can cause damage to the snake's mouth and throat. Once again, this would lead to pain, infection, and blood loss, not to mention wasting all that energy without gaining any nutrients.

How long did the snake even "survive" for? It could've already perished from its injuries, and I doubt we'd ever know. With all the outcry over this blatant example of animal cruelty, I doubt Discovery would ever admit to the public if the animal died. FOR NO GOOD REASON. It's pure sensationalism. There are plenty of better, safer, more MATURE ways to notify the public of rainforest destruction. Rosolie says "For those worried about animal cruelty, I invite you to research my work – read my book, then ask yourself: would this person ever hurt an animal?" You know who else wrote a book? Hitler. Not that I'm comparing this to the Holocaust, but actions speak louder than words.
To read more, PETA criticizes 'Eaten Alive' TV show for animal cruelty | Reuters

The petition again, https://www.change.org/p/discovery-channel-stop-the-airing-of-eaten-alive-boycott-discovery-channel

Please sign this. You don't have to like snakes, but think of how wrong this would be for ANY animal. You can use a fake name and address if you want to stay anonymous, it'll still count as a signature. If you can/would, please also boycott the Discovery Channel. I rarely watch it anymore because all they have is dumb crap like this, so it's not a loss to me. If you want to call them directly and voice your opinion, call 1-571-262-4899. Even though this is already filmed, we can deny them those ratings so they don't pull something like this again. Contact Paul Rosolie himself at » Contact Paul Rosolie

Agreed. Thanks for posting this.

Rawz

What in the ****?

Who in the world would want to be swallowed by a snake and cut out or vomited out?

Last edited:

RegalSin

1. People eat Snakes, Frogs, and Snails.

2. A person being eaten alive by an Shark or Snake, is not an new thing at all.

3. Your only problem I could assume is that they will kill the snake afterwards. Trust me as long as thing is not on any Execution list and chickens are being eaten by every race on the planet. A couple of snakes ( most likely grown inside an controlled environment ) is not the end of the world.

4. Nobody watches television anymore.

Metal_isthe_Answer

1. People eat Snakes, Frogs, and Snails.

2. A person being eaten alive by an Shark or Snake, is not an new thing at all.

3. Your only problem I could assume is that they will kill the snake afterwards. Trust me as long as thing is not on any Execution list and chickens are being eaten by every race on the planet. A couple of snakes ( most likely grown inside an controlled environment ) is not the end of the world.

4. Nobody watches television anymore.

One less snake may not be the end of the world, but the idea is that you find a snake minding its own business and force it to eat (in this case a person) and then force it to regurgitate, its completely unnecessary. You could go around and murder stray kittens for fun under the premise that cats are not endangered, but its still animal cruelty.

MotherWolff

Banned

People is sick. They don't care about how the animals feel. That is why I am turning vegan. Its a process, but it will happen.

Next thing you know they will air something called "Zoophilia Extreme!"

Sick *******s! That is why I don't watch the idiot box(tv).

Xervello

One less snake may not be the end of the world, but the idea is that you find a snake minding its own business and force it to eat (in this case a person) and then force it to regurgitate, its completely unnecessary. You could go around and murder stray kittens for fun under the premise that cats are not endangered, but its still animal cruelty.

Very well said. :thumbup:

MotherWolff

Banned

Yeah. I think its one thing if an animal was trying to attack you, but its totally different if it ain't botherin nobody.

What that guy is doing to the snake is ironically very animalistic. I thought humans would know better. I stand corrected.

Metal_isthe_Answer

Yeah. I think its one thing if an animal was trying to attack you, but its totally different if it ain't botherin nobody.

What that guy is doing to the snake is ironically very animalistic. I thought humans would know better. I stand corrected.

Humans never know better, sorry to be so very cynical.