Does anyone else enjoy...

spectator

walking streets at night filled with people, doing bizarre things like putting on sunglasses at night, hats all the way down to cover the eyes, lying on public benches, talking to yourself, etc, just to see how people will react, or if they will react? Or do you find me completely crazy?

Emma

Ok this is a shameful secret of mine, but a few years ago, I went to the shopping centre dressed in a black cape and a gorilla mask for fun, and ate cookie dough to see what people would do.......they didn't even look, hahaha

shon

never... if anything, i just wish I were invisible. i avoid attention from strangers

spectator

Shon so how can one have SA and like doing things like this? Just yesterday I walked into a huge, full starbucks with a huge black coat, black pants, thick black hair, and sunglasses, and I started walking around like I was a mercenary who just came back from finishing a contract, or a tired child soldier who ended up in the US and has no idea where he was, or just a really weird guy walking around like an investigator. I get some kind of pleasure out of everyone looking at me in fear/awe/confusion/curiosity. Maybe I just want attention? :lol:

But honestly, I do things like this as a hobby almost, yet I can't talk to girls. I give speeches in front of thousands of people without breaking a sweat (well, a little sweat), but I can't look a girl in the face, and I try not to acknowledge they exist anymore by tilting my head the other direction if a woman is passing by me on a street. I don't even know if this qualifies as SA anymore.

Emma that's a funny story, that's the sort of thing I'm talking about :)

shon

spectator said:
Shon so how can one have SA and like doing things like this? Just yesterday I walked into a huge, full starbucks with a huge black coat, black pants, thick black hair, and sunglasses, and I started walking around like I was a mercenary who just came back from finishing a contract, or a tired child soldier who ended up in the US and has no idea where he was, or just a really weird guy walking around like an investigator. I get some kind of pleasure out of everyone looking at me in fear/awe/confusion/curiosity. Maybe I just want attention? :lol:

But honestly, I do things like this as a hobby almost, yet I can't talk to girls. I give speeches in front of thousands of people without breaking a sweat (well, a little sweat), but I can't look a girl in the face, and I try not to acknowledge they exist anymore by tilting my head the other direction if a woman is passing by me on a street. I don't even know if this qualifies as SA anymore.

Emma that's a funny story, that's the sort of thing I'm talking about :)

I've read that there's 2 types of SA...one being generalized, the other being specific. Maybe you have the specific kind since your problem is with females.

I take it you're not shy :)

Even on Halloween, I see scary looking masks in the store and I want to get one because it seems like fun. Then I think about all the people who would be staring at me and what if kids point and get scared? I know, duh, that's the point. Then I chicken out so I can't even enjoy Halloween, let alone any other time just for kicks.

Moonie

I've always wanted to walk around (or drive around) with a pipe sticking out of my mouth. Mainly because you don't see it much anymore - especially on a younger girl. I've always wanted to see people's reactions. But, after recently watched Juno, I was shocked to see she stole my idea! She had a pipe. I should still give it a go - even though people might think I stole it from Juno.