Does anyone cut their own hair?

Ayla

Re: I cut my own hair too!

flower29 said:
I cut my own hair but my mother says :? it is because i am trying to mutilate myself somehow. I had really long hair and i cut it off short like a boy. Do you think she is right :?:

no. I cut my own hair, coincidentally, short, I suppose you could say like a boy. But I just like it.

unless you cut your hair to make yourself look ugly, then I don't see where mutilation is involved. Probably just a generation gap, or something?

Waybuloo

yea i cut my hair, i've been doing it for years. It started when i was bored, and then became a permanent thing after one tragic trip to the hair dressers.

I used to layer it with a blade and it hurt like hell though. Now i've learnt to master the use of scissors. Cuttin my own hair is one of the few skills that i DO have

black_mamba

I always cut my own hair, but I'm really bored with it at the moment. Maybe I'll stick some frogs in it, no ones done that yet have they? I *must* be original. :D

Septor

I almost never get a hair cut.I have a hair phobia I guess you could say.Don,t know what to do with my hair.Thats why god gave us hats.I can't even go out side with out a hat on and I have not sense I was 14.

LibertadIlusoria

I really hate getting my hair cut. They always try to talk, then when they see that you aren't very interesting, they just completely ignore you and talk to the other stylists without even paying attention that they may be pulling your hair and hurting you. My hair tangles really easily, so even if I make sure that it's completely tangle-free before I go, there will still be tangles in my hair by time I get there, making it really painful when they try to bush it with their cheap little plastic combs. (Needless to say, I'm really picky about what kind of brush I use. I found this really awesome one that works really well for my hair at the dollar tree, so I bought two. :))
I haven't had my hair cut in over two years, and now that I have my drivers license, my mom will probably expect me to go to the salon by myself. I guess I won't be getting any more hair cuts ever. Split ends aren't really that bad, are they?

hannahd

Banned
This is one of my biggest fears. Going to the hairdressers. I have never ever been, and rely on my mum to cut it for me. In recent years, I've taken to cutting it myself, and more often than not made a right mess of it.

I'd love to be able to go to the hairdressers and get a decent cut, but I cannot stand people being that close to me, staring me in the face.

I don't even feel comfortable with my mum doing it, so what hope do I have in a hairdressers?

corrinaelizabeth

my mum cuts my hair 4 me coz i h8 going to the hair dressers
a)h8 it when i 1st walk in coz dont know if its busy or whos in there
b)the mirrors
c)trying to make convo with hairdresser arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

shipost

I live at home so mum does it. I will probobly do my own when I move out, noway could I go in the hair dressers. I get extremely shy with hot girls and when I glance into them I see blondes and those are the worst :lol: then I bet they would notice I'm nervous and say whats the matter and id have to make somthing up like i just had an arguement with somone or somthing :wink:

i would rather go to the dentist than the hair dressers atleast at the dentist I can't talk so won't be a gibbering nervous wreck, Going to the hairdressers I am allways frightened of making small talk and the conversation drying up making me feel alkward.

Guess I'll be stuck with this eighties throw back pony tail for a while :(

Therover

Try one of those Flowbee things. I got one and it works really well.

Of course I'm a guy and I wear my hair real short. Its supposed to be able to do multiple styles, but I wouldn't want to try messing around with that myself.

I never really enjoyed going to get a haircut, but I always managed to get it done just the same. But, between the unpleasantness of the experience and the way they keep raising their prices to do essentially what I do all by myself with the Flowbee thing; its well worth it.

S

I hate going to the hairdressers, so last time I needed my hair cut, I got my mum to do it. I even got her to attempt to style it... I really hate my hair at the moment, so I need to get it done professionally soon. But am dreading it. If I get to feeling any worse about it, I'll just do it myself though. At least it'll be different to how it is now.

MarCPatt

I cut my own hair too. I used to get professional hair cuts, but they are just getting too pricey. Plus my anxiety problem does not help me either. Cutting my own hair saves me unnecessary stress and waste of money. Those people charge too much for a little trim. I can do it myself just fine and spend my money on something else that I really need or want.

2.gif

Predacon

I'd never cut my own hair, to risky. Far safer to go to a Barbers at least that way I know it will come out alright and I don't have to worry about it again for a few months.

shy_pixie

my hair is getting longer and longer. I really want a nice hair cut but am putting it off. My head shakes, or I get these little tremors. So I try to avoid getting short cuts, fringes or anything that requires them to be really close and focussed on my head. I sit there talking about boring stuff like the weather, and I feel like a boring drone.
The shaking comes in spurts, I wonder what they think when it happens. No one ever says anything, but it would be noticable. I mean, what would you say!? lol, gotta laugh or the other option is cry, right!!?

I get too paniced :oops: at hairdressers. I feel like i cant get out and I dont know the person, and they might make my hair look ugly and ugh. its too much stress. I cut my own hair. its really not that hard and I have all the supplies needed to do it from sally's.

Kinetik

I hate going to the barbers and I'd like to be able to cut my own hair, but I just don't see it happening. I'd make the most disastrous mess of it, unless I went totally bald and just buzzed the whole lot off with clippers. That really wouldn't suit me though. I guess my vanity outweighs my anxiety.

Tryin

oh i am so glad to hear that i am not the only one who is afraid to go to the barbers :D well i got a haircut this summer, but now i need it again and.. well, maybe next week :D

Feaster

As a guy I'm sure I don't have nearly as much fear as you girls do with someone else letting you cut your hair. We always have the option of just going bald if we get a bad cut haha, although I really wouldn't want that. My mom has been taking me to the same place and I have had the same person cut my hair since I was 3 so I really don't have problems with getting my haircut. The thought of having to find a different place or person though makes me nervous though so I know how you guys feel and it sucks.