Do you think life would be so much easier if you didn't have SA?

Srijita52

I definitely do.I mean I'd still have problems but I could handle them more easily.I didn't have to worry about stuff other ppl don't even think about.I'm just so sick of it!Every day I wake up & worry what bad might happen today.I'm always so scared to go to school/malls/social gatherings.I'm sick of having 0 friends,people not respecting me,being completely invisible all the time.I'm really jealous of those who find it sooo easy!Its like they always get what they want.

da_illest101

It is. I pretty much feel like i beat sa. Its an all around less stressful life, but my life still isn't great or fun. I take it one day at the time

Kiwong

Yes it would be. But then I'd rather be living the life I have right now regardless of anxiety.

Mickery

Well, yes. It would be my current life minus one problem. Or a different life minus many problems. Depends how you look at it.

Steppen-Wolf

I think it would be easy as hell, as I have a rather comfortable life, at least compared to most people in my country.

But who cares?, those who do not struggle in their lives never learn the true value of it. Plus, my SA kinda makes me unique... Even being such an unpleasant condition, I'm not really sure I would like to be like everybody else just to make things easier.

Duncan92

I've always day-dreamed about what life would be like without this problem, before knowing what it was. I would sit and watch others and then imagine myself without this barrier that I've lived with. Has anyone else ever persued things like gym programs, shopped for nicer clothes or done anything else appearance related hoping it would fix you? I feel like my life has become about physical appearance. But back to the topic, life would definitely be easiser.

Section_31

I would say it would most definately be easier. But then, I wouldnt be me. Id be someone else. and despite my S/A and all the crap we go through, i still love myself and the life i DO have.

recluse

It would make life easier, having anxiety makes life so much harder. I dread to think if i had a crisis in my life, how would i cope when i already have all this anxiety!?

MollyBeGood

yep. but I do not remember when I didn't have it -it's always, always there looming. If compare myself to others who are not like me, and who are socially well-adjusted I get pretty upset at myself. So I have to except it's just a part of who I am. Of course it would be easier not to be this way. But then again like Jewel said, everyone has their own burdens in life, if we didn't have this one it would be another one. The key is how you deal with the one you have. I still have little or no desire to be like everyone else so in that respect I have accepted myself a bit..this takes time, self acceptance. I struggle with that(self acceptance) everyday-But I do think everyone does to some degree. The introverted ones really beat themselves up and are their worst enemies. As silly as it may sound, try to be your own best friend first and foremost.

nafadda

No..life is what you make it..you either make the BEST of your life,or you can make the worst of it and wallow in self pity..i chose to make the best of it.i happen to detest drama ,so i avoid it..that simple.i guess i could go around complaining all the time about everything,but then why would anyone want to be like that or expect anyone to want to be around them..so to me it's just a simple easy way to think about what is best for me...:cool:

Summoning

It would definitively be easier because SA isn't just a single problem. The thing with SA is that it usually gets us into more and more problems than just SA. I see it as a vicious cycle.

SA gets us problems, and, since we have SA, we can deal with those problems as easily as other people. And the cycle goes on and on. Of course, it depends on the type of the problem, but you get the idea.

However, I'm pretty sure that I DON'T want to be like other people. I like to be the way I am, quiet and stuff, I just want to be able to deal with this SA a little better.

Srijita52

狼;490250 said:
yep. but I do not remember when I didn't have it -it's always, always there looming. If compare myself to others who are not like me, and who are socially well-adjusted I get pretty upset at myself. So I have to except it's just a part of who I am. Of course it would be easier not to be this way. But then again like Jewel said, everyone has their own burdens in life, if we didn't have this one it would be another one. The key is how you deal with the one you have. I still have little or no desire to be like everyone else so in that respect I have accepted myself a bit..this takes time, self acceptance. I struggle with that(self acceptance) everyday-But I do think everyone does to some degree. The introverted ones really beat themselves up and are their worst enemies. As silly as it may sound, try to be your own best friend first and foremost.

I have absolutely nothing against being Introverted.I'm an introvert & I'm okay with that.I don't think its necessarilly good or bad.Its just who I am.But SA is more than that,its the harmful anxiety that causes me trouble.Its like I can't function even when I want because of this anxiety!But yeah,everyone do have their burden to carry.So I guess this is mine...but I surely don't want it to control my life like its doing now.