do you hate????

LA323

do any of you guys hate that sometimes you have to fake to be a happy, outgoing person, when you're really not, i mean, it freaking gets on my nerves, and irritates me when people talk to me in a happy, perky way, and i have to react the same way, when i really want to just stay quiet, and be serious, but i know if i do this, people would think im an asshole, or that im boring, i really hate this

sutiono

Yea I have this dillema that somehow I feel obligated to smile to people when they are talking to me and it just feel so awkward that I have to put on this face when I really don't feel like it. I feel so fake inside. I think it's because if I don't smile people would think of me as offensive or annoyed. It prevents me from having a real conversation.

jss

I didn't ever hate people for that.

I hade to have this fake smiling face every where I go. because not having it will show how depressed and wasted I'm that no one can accept.

last saturday I chose not to have this smiling face and result was disasters and much pain to me and my friends.

so in my thoughts we shouldn't feel guilty or bad when we do that, I just try not to think of it.
And the good side is that in some times when I am not so depressed. this fake smiling help to get me out of depression.

So it helps guys :) and I urge every one to do it

jamez

Yea...you kinda have to put on a fake smile or whatever to function in this world. I don't think it's real natural though, largely people are unhappy and you'll be surprised how many people have to put on this act.

There are a few lucky ones but they're in the minority I believe.

Septor

I don't hate people but I get with what your saying.When Perky,bubbly and happy people talk to you and expect you to act the same way.I had that happen a lot of the time.Someone would talk all happy perky and all I wanted to do is growl.I try to be has happy sounding as I can but sometime I just cant do it.

scatmantom

i dont mean to be so grumpy, but at work sometimes i am. Yesterday a woman said to me "oh plz smile" cos i guess everytime i walk around the building i look miserable (due to stress of the job, feelin terrible), and after she said that i burst out laughing cos i realised how grumpy i must have looked.

Another person on tuesday said "why do you always look so serious" and at that i laughed as well. It shows i am a happy person, but not all the time. Im not the type who enjoys stress and poor wages...so sorry if im not smiling ear to ear while im at work :)

MariahCarey

yeah i can relate
ppl keep tellin me to smile more and ask why i'm so miserable or tell me that i "cant take a joke" when sum1 says somethin insultin about me and everyone else is laughin but me!

so now i fake smile alot n try to act smiley and happy and giggly...by the end of the day my face just drops cos its been thru a major workout all day from smilin so much.

i think i look angry a lot but i'm not very angry. i do smile and laugh to humour the foolish people. looking angry keeps silly people away a lot i find and attracts a more interesting section of the lunaticic community to ones side.

Waybuloo

I smile heaps. Sometimes its genuine and sometimes its faked to please or be on the same level as the people i'm talking to. Sadly its a facade u need to learn to master to survive in this world.

Besides smiling, i envy those people who glow with a confidence and self assurance, or sometimes just determination for a cause they believe in (not in a self conceited way) That's what draws people to them.

r0ck0ut04

Thats probably why people cant stand me I dont even try to fake it, I look pissed or depressed 90 percent of the time. I wouldnt even know how to act happy.

Lavinia84

I know exactly what you mean. The other week I was told everyone at our youth group had to be passionate, pumped and another 'p' word, insert whatever seem appropriate. No way was I staying there to spend my free time hanging with a group of people running around faking their happiness, and teaching the younger members of the group that this pretending is ok. I drove home, and spent an enjoyable evining with a good book.

JediKnight

At my first job I always looked very serious and people would ask "are you ok?" and they gave me smiles but my face was serious and expression-less because I feel insecure and threatened around people I dont know. How can I get to know someone if I feel very tense and nervous around them? I have lotta trouble getting to know poeple, but once I "break the ice" then I can talk and be myself with that person. People have often mistaken me for grumpy by judging of the look on my face. I just cant relax and smile before people who I dont know. Even when I was happy on the inside I didnt show it, my facial expressions were always the same.
Now at my new job I'm trying to get to know people better, it's been 6 months and I dont know half of the people I work with, like total strangers. I'm trying to greet poeple and start a conversation.