Cure or improvement?

van_sp

I missed the posts where people are now totally CURED of this nuisance. Do you ever really get "cured"?
I would think that since this is a thought created disorder, that it would be possible to go 180 degrees the opposite way.
When I'm through, I'm going to be MUCH better at social events than the average "normal" person, and an effective public speaker. This disorder is a time waster and obstacle to feeling great.
I read something today some might find interesting...

Jessica Simpson was set to perform a tribute to Dolly Parton during the Kennedy Center Honors. She got on stage, started singing Nine to Five and just stopped right in the middle! She said “so nervous” and ran off the stage.

I found the above interesting...a Hollywood Star can even get incapacitated by fear. Makes you realize, to a small degree, it's a part of being human...

yumms

I doubt Jessica Simpson had SP, she was kid and just nervous...nothing more.

Me personally, I've accepted defeat. Life will suck forever.

I think anxiety is like depression, a normal human emotion / reaction. So I don't think we can really ever be free from it. But we can learn to live with it.

With Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) I've worked on improving how I handle SAD. With ACT I've been able to go back to work (where my social anxiety affected me the most). I don't want to be anxiety-free or fear-free. Anxiety and fear are normal and we need them. But with ACT I've learned how to deal with emotions, thoughts, memories, etc. that seem to be counter-productive.

Jessica Simpson probably forgot some of the lyrics and panic'ed. Anxiety and social anxiety is normal. If someone had no social anxiety at all they would walk around naked and/or tell people what they really thought of them.