Compliments

lily

...other than the negative Outlook or insecurities, what are the compliments you've had, to have the chance to look more on the positive end?

IceLad

I've been told that I have a very dry sense of humour and am funny. I also have a very infectious laugh. :lol:

Meow

Nice boobs.... hahaha but seriously. Ok, a lot of people on here have given me compliments on my looks, hair and clothes which is so sweet. In person, same thing really... image, hair, my face... skin, eyes, smile etc.

As far as personality goes, that im conciderate, loving, funny and a good person.

I don't agree with any of those things by the way, except of course I like some of my clothes because I chose them lol.

Scottish_Player

I got told by a mate that iam the most chilled out and relaxed person he has ever met :D its strange how others see us diffrently from how we see ourselves.

Ive always had the idea even although its impossible i would like to live the life of someone else and see myself from anothers perspective just to see how i look and act.

Meow

worrydoll said:
i get it all the time and love it. every compliment is a gift. i would be offended if i didnt get the looks. lol.

Awe yeah I bet everyone compliments you on your stunning good looks :D

Faded

hmmm.. i dont know. but some ppl have told me that im Very Kind, Thoughtful, Careful, Athletic (which i dont believe in it), spiritful, alil religious, very Clumsy(my best compliment ever!) ..... ECT

Anyway.

thequietone

People have told me I'm intuitive, thoughtful, artistic. It's always nice to hear those things, and this is a good thread by the way.

What people usually say about me is that I'm "sweet", which is how I come across, I suppose...but man if they got inside my head I'm sure they'd take that compliment right back! :lol:

lawyerguy

I think that worrydoll is a beautiful woman both inside and out. She's compassionate and cares very deeply about people around her and about humanity in general. I've met very few people who are as empathetic and as her and she has great taste in music as well as a marvelous sense in style. And you can have an intelligent conversation with her for hours on end. And did I mention that she ewas beautiful? :)

maggie

worrydoll said:
Awe yeah I bet everyone compliments you on your stunning good looks

yes very often. also on my intelligence and sense of humour. the best thing is that they offer the compliments freely and i dont have to spend hours slapping make up on, thrusting my titties out or fishing for compliments. i quite like being me.
hiya worrydoll.....i quite like you being you too.... :)

Meow

Nevermind.. it's f'n pointless anyway.

Thank you feeltherage, you're lovely. xxx

feeltherage

unfair

Hi. You could argue that this is none of my business, and I don't mind.

I consider some of the posts made by worrydoll in response to some of Meow's posts, to be intentionaly hurtful and sarcastic. I don't understand why worrydoll would post like that, maybe that's just her personality, I don't know. Those things said hurt Meow :x . After reading them I felt like crap just as if they were said to me. And what the hells up with worrydoll getting cheered on after doing so, or her character being vouched for?? Thats friggin strange. Did no one else feel the contempt in her statements? Come on, let meow post without getting ridiculed, or put down. If you don't like her, is it so hard to keep it to yourself? And no, she does not need me to take up for her, I hope she doesn't mind though. Lets help each other, not alienate each other with hurtful comments.

I have been complemented on my work ethic more than anything. I've always worked hard and been proud of that. Thats all I can remember being complemented on. Oh, I was once called a sexy beast by a female friend years ago :lol:

lawyerguy

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd like to clarify my purpose in writing those things for worrydoll. I really do believe those things..that deep down inside Worrydoll is a good and loving person. She's had to go through a lot in her life. I meant no disrespect to meow.

I think that worrydoll is a good person she just needs to know that deep down inside and maybe the reason for all of this is that she doesn't realize her inner beauty.

Love and respect to everyone :)

Meow

worrydoll said:
i dont know how i got to be so fuct up and nasty. i am sorry. i hate me more than any of you do so...my punishment is having to live with me. sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry. im gonna get it stamped on my head...i'd like to blame alcohol but thats just the catalyst. the nasty streak seems to be just a horrible part of me. yep. i hate myself. i suck. its not news really.

sorry yes worrydoll sucks rhino.

edit. the guilt makes it all go over and over in my mind. i can only say sorry. sorry meow. i am sure you are a great person or at least better than me. i contaminate everything i touch. x

I can honestly say i'm not sure if this is a sarcastic apology or a genuine one, but it seems genuine so I will take it that way and in that case I accept your apology, but you only needed to say sorry once.

And I also apologise for whatever I did to piss you off and for the words I called you in retaliation, very immature and cruel and I didn't mean them I was just angry.

Don't hate yourself... well I hate myself too so I know how you feel lol.

Ok so you have a "nasty streak" I have a bitchy streak... we're human, don't beat yourself up over it. I don't think you're gunna be on my case anymore so I already feel better... so don't feel guilty about it, what happened happened and it's done now.

I guess I just want to assure you that i'm a good person. I don't want anyone to think otherwise, i've never done anything to hurt anyone and i'm completely open minded and I think a compassionate person.

Yeah I did post a lot of pics of myself and I probably came across as one of those girls who plaster themselves in makeup, get a fake tan and splatter themseleves all over the internet... but that's not me. All my life I was torn down, abused and then just left to rot in my own mind. And their words circle around my head all the time... you're nothing, you're never going to be anything, you're ugly... I might come across confident in my looks but it's the complete opposite. Sure you could call it fishing for compliments but I don't see it that way, I got positive responses and it made me feel good about myself even for a short time. I know looks don't make a person but when you feel like you have nothing else to offer it sure helps to hear someone finds you attractive.

All I know is, I got out of a bad situation, married a loving man but i'm stuck with the scars of the past. Like my therapist said.. I never had time to figure out who I am, I wasn't allowed to. All i've figured out so far is I love music, I adore animals and my husband is my life. I used to be good at art and athletics but as I got older I lost that... and i'm a scared little mouse, I can't get any of that back... yet. But I sure am trying and it feels like an uphill battle and I keep slipping down.

I've seen some of your posts and you've come across very compassionate and understanding so I think that's who you are, and the other things stem from something else. I don't think you're ugly, I think you're beautiful and it sounds like your girlfriend is too. You said you'd been together 9 years? I really respect that. And just so you know, i'd never call her ugly based on looks... she doesn't even look ugly anyway lol.

This has come out way too long winded... look, i'm a good person, i'm just very insecure but I know I have a good heart and I CARE and.... i'm not a slut lol. I can't wait untill my hubby and I have been together 9 years and we can look back and say, wow 9 years down the road look where we are. I got on a plane without saying goodbye to anyone and moved to another country to be with him because I believe in love and romance, like those stupid movies with Hugh Grant haha. It's not been easy on my SA living in another country but i'd never go back now i'm determined to build my life here and get better.

I'm glad I didn't turn out like my parents, and I thank them for their crap because I came out much more compassionate than either of them put together... please just don't judge me on a few pictures and silly fooling around in a picture thread.

maggie

worrydoll said:
i dont. it wasnt sarcastic. im ripped apart by my own ugly. thankyou. you have just removed a ten tonne weight from my shoulders. dont know if i deserve it but...i probably punish me more than anyone can...imagine living with a cow like me 24/7..fun huh? :? sorry and thanks. x
hiya worrydoll...really hard to see you calling yourself a cow :cry: ...i..and probably lots of others see you as a beautiful, caring person..inside and out :)

Mary

Like meow I have also been told a lot of hurtful and damaging things by someone who was close to me, my father and I tend to believe them more over positive ones. He told me I was a cow, (even though I was skinny), would never get married because I was ugly (even though I have been married for almost 9 yrs.now) His comments are hard to get out of my head although other people have said that I am: Nice, pretty, thoughtful, creative and funny. For some reason the negative ones shout the loudest.
But really I guess it doesn't matter how much people tell us good things about ourselves, what matters is how much we believe them. How we see ourselves and that is something I struggle with to this day..I know I need to listen to my other father's voice more, God allmighty who loves me as I am and tells me I have a great value to Him! :wink: