Can't help comparing myself with others

I'm feeling like shit right now because I got the great idea of looking at the profiles of a few kids I knew in elementary school on facebook. I don't know if I wanted to make myself feel bad, but if I did, it sure worked! Everyone of them are at parties, with their arms around one another, smiling because of how much fun they're having, or even worse, not smiling because partying is just a way of life for them. And I know that it doesn't mean they're happy people and they have a good life, it's just that I want to feel like I'm capable of having a taste of this type of life!

I'm sure you guys relate, right?

PhantomPod

Yes, I can definitely relate. I barely even go on Facebook anymore, given how damn depressing it is how I have no friends on there. Then, if I do meet someone who asks if I have a Facebook and wants to add me, I feel completely embarrassed that I have barely any friends on there, while everyone else seems to have hundreds and hundreds of friends.

I stopped goin on myspace/facebook for that very reason. Everytime I went on I felt 100x worse seeing all the people I used to know.

sleepysparrow

I deleted myspace and facebook for this reason. Really, it's like a popularity contest and it's depressing. It's also so fake. I can't focus on myself when I am so focused on others.