Books and Social Phobia

So do you tend to read a lot?
I read to get away and so others will leave me alone.
I tend to fantasy books, my favorite is the Dragonlance series.

EscapeArtist

Yes! Reading is my rediscovered get-a-way lately. Sometimes in social situations, I pull a book out and try to read so that people will not speak with me but of course i'm never able to focus on the book...instead i obsess about how i'm holding it or something.
I read because i'm information-hungry, and because when I read a good book I feel connected, like i'm there. I'm unable to be evaluated, yet able to evaluate... It's having a second opinion to keep company without there being any of the pressure of other people.
I don't really have a favorite type of book or series.. I read books on human evolution and adaptions, environmentalism, the 'truths' behind things (health, earth, yatta yatta), and I equally, if not more, enjoy fictional books. A lot of the time now I resort to the animal-fictional books I would read as a kid... The Silverwing/Sunwing/Firewing series, Firebringer, the Redwall series lol it's all so comforting to escape into childhood =]

Silvox Black

So do you tend to read a lot?
I read to get away and so others will leave me alone.
I tend to fantasy books, my favorite is the Dragonlance series.

All hail Dragonlance! It is wonderful to find another fan amongst us here. May I ask for your favorite character? Or shall I guess that it is Raistlin?

lunarla

I enjoy reading quite a lot. Escapism is too good to pass up at times, and I'm far too good at it. I guess that's how I cope? I like really long books that I can spend an entire day or more reading. Time goes by really quickly that way. 3 or 4 hours reading in one sitting can seem like nothing. It's like an elongated and extremely detailed movie going on in my mind. Of which I'm usually deeply connected with the main character, I suppose. Though usually the ending of books, I can never find very satisfying. Rarely does an ending ever satisfy me.

lunarla

A lot of the time now I resort to the animal-fictional books I would read as a kid... The Silverwing/Sunwing/Firewing series, Firebringer, the Redwall series lol it's all so comforting to escape into childhood =]

I used to read those too! Did you ever happen to catch the animated version of Silverwing? It wasn't the greatest adaptation, but was neat seeing it. I mean, couldn't expect too much when it was a animated tv show being made for kids, and airing on the cartoon channel. Still, though.

A lot of the time now I resort to the animal-fictional books I would read as a kid... The Silverwing/Sunwing/Firewing series, Firebringer, the Redwall series lol it's all so comforting to escape into childhood =]

I love Redwall, this post makes me want to check one out tomorrow XDD
I like the animation of the show too...

Last edited:

Masychefx2

Banned
i have attention problem when i was a kid every one was crazy for harry potter (well they still are) but id read a couple of pages and just be soo twitchy like im just coutning how many pages i can get through without getting annoyed.

i like picture books

Noca

Banned
i have attention problem when i was a kid every one was crazy for harry potter (well they still are) but id read a couple of pages and just be soo twitchy like im just coutning how many pages i can get through without getting annoyed.

i like picture books

same here, ADD

PhantomPod

Yep, I read quite a lot! I like to read fiction and comical books. But I also like to read self-help books to try to change my attitude and think more positively about myself and where I'm at in life and realize that I can change where I am and where I want to be in the future.

EscapeArtist

I used to read those too! Did you ever happen to catch the animated version of Silverwing? It wasn't the greatest adaptation, but was neat seeing it. I mean, couldn't expect too much when it was a animated tv show being made for kids, and airing on the cartoon channel. Still, though.

Hahah yes I do remember seeing that on tv awhile ago. I remember watching it for around 15 minutes in childhood awe and then being disappointed about the difference between their character interpretations and my own.