birthday bash

wooaah

An old classmate I recently found invited me to a birthday thing this weekend. I don't know anyone else there... well i might but even if i did i wouldn't have seen them for the last 10 years.

On one hand this is a great opportunity to make some new friends.

On the other hand.. i'm already playing out the scenario in my mind where everyone knows each other. And I get naturally left out of conversations when they realise how boring i am. I end up sitting by myself for a few hours before deciding i can't take it anymore and leave.

Man i need help... a plan... advice on what to talk about.. anything.

mustang

Convorsations...The natural enemy of people with S.A....

1) Ask questions! -Whats your degree? Where you do you work? Did you see Ironman? Did you watch the Celtics/Pistons game?

Now after you've started a inquiry...

2) Follow through! -Yeah I liked that movie, liked the actors in it. You work in the real estate bussiness? That must be pretty boring! I work at xxxxx. It puts foods on the table...

Getting the other person to explain their opinion, then going into detail on YOUR opinion is important.

I would give it a go. Just remember to plan an escape.

If it's painful, just turn it into a challenge:
I will say XX number of words and stay for XX number of minutes.

And set up some sort reward to give yourself at the end.

wooaah

mustang said:
Getting the other person to explain their opinion, then going into detail on YOUR opinion is important.

ooo i never thought about it that way. I think i always get people's opinion then just assume the conversation is over right there. I'll definitly try that!

and.. what is going on with celtics pistons... dang i want KG to win a ring.

2Crowded

..I cant help you much....as I wouldnt go if it were me....there are to many questions that I don't have good answers for right now & the truth would be to embarrassing to admit.... of course I could lie....but then that in itself would cause me to have a facial explosion of redness because I know I'm not telling the truth...top that off with regular old SA to boot & well......it Sucks to be me.

:(

But i wish you luck...if you go....hope it go's good for ya.