At which point of the day are you the least anxious?

weak

I've been noticing a personal trend for some years now. It doesnt happen often, but whenever I go out and spend the whole day doing 'social' stuff, towards the end of the day most of my anxiety will have faded. For example:

I go to Magic Mountain. Standard anxiety issues here and there. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted. We stop at a Denny's to eat before heading home. I have absolutely no anxiety whatsoever. Couldnt care less what my waiter thinks. Couldnt care less about what the people sitting behind me think. I have a feeling indifference. It's a great feeling.

Now I'm dying to know, how can I recreate this feeling without having to spend a whole day at Magic Mountain?

I've tried recreating the physical exhaustion aspect of it by going to the gym. It doesn't work. It doesnt get me that "i dont care what people think" feeling.

I wish could figure this out =/

share ideas/experiences please

JonnyD

when i'm sleeping, but i'm having trouble with it too.

speaking seriously, i'm just anxious when i'm not in a confortable "place", and i'm almost always in a confortable place.

hartbrokenvirgo

i think its just being arouind people and feeling comfotable,your brain gets used to it, the same thing happens to me sometimes i start the day off being anxious about going out and being around people untill i get to work and im constantly around others. by the time i leave im completly calm and comfortable to be outside

dottie

i can feel this way when i am out of state or far from home where i feel no one will recognize me and there is little chance of offending anyone. is magic mountain far from home for you? oh and when i know i don't have to work for several days, that helps. basically, when i am far from the slave-ship/anthill that is when i feel most free and relaxed.

i don't think it is so much a matter of exhausting myself physically. maybe socially. after work, after completely overexhausting myself socially, i can go into a restaurant or store and feel more relaxed. it's like i have been through hell and back already and have nothing left to lose.

xcatx

when im lying in be just before i sleep and in the morning before i leave the house.Maybe i just feel more relaxed at home.But i dont mind going out that much it can be fun.

Kamen

At the morning, after sleep - after long time without computer and stimuli. It's the best time for taking long walks - leaving home and spending a lot of time out. And yes, the more you are around people, the less anxious you become - exposure therapy works.

Livingwithoutlivin

I guess my anxiety is way worse than yours OP. I cannot go out to Six Flags and have my anxiety dissipate just like that at the end of the day. It will be as fresh as it was at it's peak, the whole time. That is why I dread living life.I'm afraid to go to restaurants, because the last time, I got so anxious that I even acted kind of ackward to the waiter. It's so awful. I haven't felt indifferent and unaffected by random people for a long time. Nowodays I'm anticipating ackward situations with others.

michael122

It depends for me. In some of my classes at school I don't have that much social anxiety because i've known some of my peers since elementary school and they know me. I'm not saying we're best friends but i'm comforable around them. The only I get real anxious is when i'm some where and I don't know any of the people. I also have some days where i'm just happy for no apparent reason and when I go to public places I could careless what people think of me and it feels so good. I wish I could make that feeling last though.

Fairylicious

I've restarted this post like 7 times...
i didn't think this was a complicated question.

Generally, i like the night, after everyone in my house goes to bed and it's just me and the house and the day is officially over. I have gotten through another one, and no one is going to want anything ofr me for a few hours. I Know that i'm not going to have to worry about seeing another living soul till most likely 4pm the next day when the roommies get home-- that is unless i dreadfully have to go out.

the reason that it was complicated for me, is that i am also more symptomatic at night. It's at night when i'm lonliest, and miss my cousin the most. It is the time when i'm most depressed, and angry-- sometimes. And when i lived with my cousin, bedtime was actually full of anxiety cuz i was having serious seperation anxiety issues with her and the idea of her being a wall away asleep freaked me out a lot... I'd do just about anything to get her to stay awake with me. And all of it was just a lot of anxiety.

But i don't live with my cousin anymore (which is horrible and good)... and since i go through the anxiety of seperation with her everyday all day long, the nights are peaceful again. At a certain time of night i know there is no way i can talk to her and have learned to be ok with that.

ReVeR

i feel less anxious for the few hours after I put the bong down..

:D

then i get extremely anxious and restless
when I touch down.

damn I hate this planet..

Sad-Kitten

Fairylicious said:
Generally, i like the night, after everyone in my house goes to bed and it's just me and the house and the day is officially over.
That's the best time for me to. I sometimes like to just take a walk around the property and enjoy the stars (if there are any) and fresh air.

Eric Clapton said:
by J. J. Cale

After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down.
After midnight, we're gonna chug-a-lug and shout.
We're gonna stimulate some action;
We're gonna get some satisfaction.
We're gonna find out what it is all about.

After midnight, we're gonna shake your tambourine.
After midnight, it's all gonna be peaches and cream.
We're gonna cause talk and suspicion;
We're gonna give an exhibition.
We're gonna find out what it is all about.

Second Verse