at last i have decided to go to a psychiatrist

Xos

At last i have made up my mind to go to a psychiatrist, i haven' t been to a psychiatrist before. I have just been to a psychologist for 7 months but got no positive results, so i got very depressed, but yesterday i said to myself i really needed help, and i called a psychiatrist. I prefer psychiatrists because they can medicate me, i have never been on medication, but i think i need it this time. I know medication won' t make me solve my problem, but at least they will make me feel less anxious during my recovery.
Well, that' s all for today.
I hope this psychiatrist helps me regain my motivation.
See u! :roll:

kuze

hey, I'm going to see one also this friday, I hope for the same thing, hopefully meds can ease my anxiety. Idk if it will fix everything though.

JonnyD

you convienced me to go last time ;)

today was the "water drop" to me, i NEED to see a medic...
but i don't really want the meds , i just want to know how i stop being so awkward by anything

Azahara

Well done

Hi! It´s only to tell that I have been with psichologists and phychiatrists for ten years and some of them could help me a lot. All depend on luck and your personal effort. Some phychiatrist, appart from pill, will tell you that you should complete with phychoterapy. Pills help but you have to follow some kind of phychotherapy.

You´ve said phychologists didn´t have so much for you. Perhaps maybe because of the kind of therapy. I´ve tried everything: cognitive, behaviourist, phychoanalistic.... the worst is phychoanalistic is very long and bore.
Ah, one more thing being as sincere as you can with the doctor.

Good luck!
See you! :D

Xos

Thanks to all of u for your answers and advices.
I will tell u how i feel the next week, just after my first session.
I hope it works :cry: :(

I went to a psychiatrist a couple years ago...he didn't know what social anxiety was so he just thought I was shy...All he did every session was ask me questions about my day and stuff and then he'd be like "so how's the getting over shyness coming?" then I'd be like "alright I guess..." I'd be thinking to myself "aren't you supposed to be helping me??"

When I went there and we started playing crazy eights that was the last straw I knew he wasn't trying to help me he just wanted the money my parents were paying him -.-

Xos

Thanks!, well, i hope this time the psychiatrist helps me, not only because it' s gonna cost me a lot of money, but because i really need to get rid of my phobia forever!!.
I am fed up with being frightened the whole time :?

Azahara

Hola amigo o amiga

Have you try with Seguridad Social or have you a medical commpany? ´Cos the last Phycologist I had, costs me 80 euros for week. I thought he was the best but....
I hope you make me know how the things go?

Saludos! :wink:

Xos

Well, Azahara. I haven' t tried, but i think i could try, because private psychiatrists and psychologists are far too expensive :roll:
Anyway i will go to the first session and then i will decide if i keep on going to the same person or via "seguridad social :wink:

ava

well done. i went to the doctor for the first time last week...wasnt easy 8O but luckily he was very nice and understanding 8)