Anybody actually like large crowds?

izimbra

I told a friend of mine this, who then said I don't have SA because of that. I don't think she gets it, but it made me wonder.

It's a place free of mental congestion for me. Especially if it's an airport or another city. Everyone's so busy with themselves that it drowns out my anxieties. It actually makes me even more outgoing. I can make any social mistake I want because I'll never see them again. Even meeting someone new is exhilarating (it's when they want to talk to me later that the anxiety kicks in, lol).

Last edited:

this_portrait

I don't like large crowds per se, but I will tolerate them at concerts, just for the sake of seeing my favorite bands.

BlackKids

I dont really mind huge crowds. I could feel abit anxious but its nothing that would stop me doing what I want.
I'm alright with single people on their own its just small groups/classes that I need to work on.

Rainbows18

I like large crowds too, and for the same reason. The only way large crowds would bother me is if its a large crowd of people I know. My SA is the worst when I'm around one or a few people. The fewer people there are the more chance there is of them trying to talk to me, or having to make long eye contact with them because there's not other people to look at or other things to distract me or them.

livingnsilence

I like large crowds because it lets you fade away into the crowd and be less noticable. You don't stand out as much in a crowd as a small group and the less you stand out the less people notice you so the less they will take notice of things that can make them think badly of me.

scarletlee

I dont really mind huge crowds. I could feel abit anxious but its nothing that would stop me doing what I want.
I'm alright with single people on their own its just small groups/classes that I need to work on.

I feel the same way. I don't mind crowds so much because i guess i feel less exposed than when i'm in a group. The thought of being in a class makes me very anxious, the chance that the focus might be put onto me.

IJustWantMyLifeBack

Do you ever feel as if the top around you in the crowd are watching you ? Looking at you and thinking who the fxxx is this person and what are they doing ??..... arhhhh

PennyLane

Im actually completely fine in a crowd...I feel like a blend in and go unnoticed. I dont have to interact with them so I dont get nervous!

Its only really social situations where im meant to talk that make me uncomfortable!

Quiet Angel

Large crowds are fine, just so long as they're not all interacting with me. *lol* :D Whenever I'm at a huge event, such as a theme park or concert, I enjoy crowds because it enhances the experience.

I kind of feel the same as you....If it's a big crowd of people who I don't know, then yes, I become more comfortable. And I do act however I want (more outgoing, funny) in front of people who I know I will never probably see again.

But in a large crowd of people I know, for example, kids I go to school with, I WILL freeze up. It's awful, I feel like with some people I can never be beyond a simple acquaintance of theirs.

JCS008

I actually think large crowds help me blend in and give me a more peaceful aspect. On a busy street, no one notices you and you're able to just go about your day. But if its just you and someone else on a train or walking down a street towards one another it could get awkward. Like, "Should I make eye contact?" "Avoid there prescence?" "Smile a little?"

dooby-duck

I don't mind large crowds of strangers. The problems come for me when I have to interact with them, either individually or in a group. In a large crowd it is easier to blend in and move away.

mikestar

Banned
No it just makes things 100 times worst. Its not just one person looking at u now is it??

Strangers or not,dont make much difference to me anymore my first reaction is PANIC

zlench

Nope makes me feel worst I know that you blend into them but they just make me feel very uncomfortable.