annoyingly cold hands

Section_31

Anyone else have this?.

The rest of me is usually warm. My hands, from my wrist to my knuckles, are a little colder, then my fingers are always cold. It sucks!. Im embarassed to shake hands or touch people, ive gotten comments like my hands are like ice. Not to mention my signifigant other hates it lol.

I practice deep breathing for circulating blood flood and oxygen, and i dont believe its medically caused as in the summer im quite warm. But its just a super annoying thing.

Thoughts?

Yea I get this.

I use it to torment my friends heh especially in class put my hand up to their face, people scream. My hands are very very cold.

eh I have this too its like em whats it called.... Maynards ...no they make those sweets I like...

em...

sounds like that...

(googles)
eh this

Raynaud's phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get this, freaked me out the first time that happened. Could see the blood draining from my fingers some very freaky shiz

My mom has always commented on how my hands feel like ice. We'd speculate that it was poor circulation. I honestly have no idea.

Do you exercise often?

OceanMist

I've looked this up b4 due to my curiousity of why my hands would always get colder than my friends during the winter. It's actually a problem for people with anxiety.

In short.....anxiety=muscle tension.....muscle tension causes poor blood circulation.

Hands and feet are farthest away from our heart, so that's why it's easier for them to get cold because of the length of the blood circulation.

I've just learned to wear warm gloves. I also sleep with my socks on to keep my feet warmer.

laure15

Hands and feet are farthest away from our heart, so that's why it's easier for them to get cold because of the length of the blood circulation.

If I remember correctly from my biology class, the heart pumps warm blood to the rest of the body but as the blood reaches the extremities (the hands and feet), the blood gets cooler. This is why you get frostbite on your hands and feet first.

chibiXphantom

i used to have super cold hands all the time, and they still are kind of cold.
my ex said that its more common with women biologically cause most of the heat is centralized to the core of the body. but i just have weird circulation. like my hands will be cold, but my arms really warm, shoulders cold. its odd

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
My hands will get colder in the winter time, for the reasons other people stated, being the extremities and the blood not flowing there. I sort of like it, because I enjoy the cooling sensation I get from touching warmer parts of me (like my forehead or cheeks) with my cold hands.

Wearing mittens seems like it would help keep them warm though, or staying active and keeping the blood flowing. The more the blood is circulating the warmer the hands will potentionally get.

And when all else fails *rubs hands together repeatedly until they make fire*

Oh, and also, these.

Heat%20Treat%20Hand%20Warmers%20at%20REI.jpg

Stick one in your pocket or something, and whenever a handshake is coming, warm them hands up real quick.

Entangled

My hands will get colder in the winter time, for the reasons other people stated, being the extremities and the blood not flowing there. I sort of like it, because I enjoy the cooling sensation I get from touching warmer parts of me (like my forehead or cheeks) with my cold hands.

Heat%20Treat%20Hand%20Warmers%20at%20REI.jpg

Stick one in your pocket or something, and whenever a handshake is coming, warm them hands up real quick.

^ THESE THINGS SAVE LIVES!! Especially when you are out camping and its 40F and you are prone to being a physically cold person.

But yeah I have an abnormal body temperature compared to other people, and i am really susceptible to the cold. Not sure why but I don't really care about what people think about it. They should not be judging you for something you can not control anyway.

gazelle

Cold hands can also be an indicator of thyroid/adrenal problems. If it's really bothering you ask your doctor to get your thyroid hormone and antibody levels checked.

Labyrinthine

My hands are always cold, even when it's warm out. Just the other night my coworkers had grabbed my hand to look at a bracelet I was wearing. They were shocked at how cold my hands were. It sadly turn into a lengthy discussion on why this could be. I have naturally low blood pressure, so I wonder if that could be a factor. Sometimes I wear gloves around the house, and two pairs while skating in the winter.

hoddesdon

My mom has always commented on how my hands feel like ice. We'd speculate that it was poor circulation. I honestly have no idea.

Do you exercise often?

Yes, it may be poor circulation.

I have poor circulation too, although I am not sure whether I also have cold hands. Is there a connection with SA?

hoddesdon

Cold hands can also be an indicator of thyroid/adrenal problems. If it's really bothering you ask your doctor to get your thyroid hormone and antibody levels checked.

Yes, and hypothyroidism can cause SA.

I had a thyroid test once, and the result was that there was no problem.