an unfriendly SA mate

sensitive

yesterday, i was checking who are online here, i noticed a guy who is at the same age of mine, he also put his address so i added him to my MSN list. later we had a conversation, he was absolutely unfriendly with me. i told him i added u just because we r SA mates, also at the same age in addition u put ur address. he said i will delete u, why did u specifically picked me. i told him i consider all those who have SA r my friends but he said i am not :x .

Remus

Staff member
people are people mate SA or not, its up to them if they want to be your freind or not, you cant force it just because they have a similar illness.

Dont let it worry you, sometimes people dont take a shine to you, I've had it myself, its not worth getting worked up abot, see it as thier loss :D

sensitive

i think he wasn't nice with me because he maybe a fanatic or something like it. i am from Middle East so that could be a reason. he was talking to me like i am nothing :x. i never forced him (or anybody else) to be my friend. he could simply say sorry and bye instead of behaving badly.

black_mamba

Some people don't like complete strangers adding them to their msn list, imagine a shy person having to tell someone that they feel uncomfortable that you added them, maybe thats why they came accross as rude.

Fredscars

that or he could probably suffer from the paranoia that plagues many of us: by adding him, calling him a friend he might take that badly, thinking you were going to take the piss out of him...
or simply that hes bad experience with people and *friends* in the past, and so reacted rudely so that you didnt have a chance to hurt him. You have to remember SA can cause alot of people to become unsociable, in the sense that they dislike humans because they cause them so much pain.

sensitive

well well well yetisbaby i don't think we have had any problem. i always tell my online friends that i am just a friend no special attention so it is up to them to continue or just stop and say bye, i have no problem with that at all. you are talking about me like i am suspicious, i don't think i am forward or something like that. some people are so aloof and i think this is the matter, nothing else.

Remus

Staff member
sensitive said:
well well well yetisbaby i don't think we have had any problem. i always tell my online friends that i am just a friend no special attention so it is up to them to continue or just stop and say bye, i have no problem with that at all. you are talking about me like i am suspicious, i don't think i am forward or something like that. some people are so aloof and i think this is the matter, nothing else.

Nowhere in her post did she hint at you to be suspicious, no-ones aloof, they have SA, when you talk to people online you are nervous and shy, I am is are most of the people I talk to, infact I often make excuses to get away, " I have to do something blah blah "as I get all SA and cant think of the next thing to say, theres only a few people I feel totally confortable with and that coz I've known them a while.

IcanDoIt

yea, i had some SA mate delete me off his/her list..

but its ok, i dont mind at all, maybe they would like to interact with those having SA, and not those who have recovered, and really, there are many possiblities..

we should not be bothered about such things, although some may find it hard to be unbothered abt it..

cody2468

I've had someone add me to their msn from another SA site then when I logged on they turned around and asked me who I was. I told her she added me but obviously she knows me by a different name as on my msn messenger I use my real name not a nickname. That was the last time I heard from her.

fiona

I only talk to close friends or family on msn and I don't tell anyone else my name or addy for it, I would not be comfy having any old body just messaging me