Solo Dolo

yes. especially since many people look to here for desperate relief, it is only natural to indulge or want to indulge in something that you find satisfying (no matter what way you think about it)

fitftw

the internet as a whole has been an all-day every-day thing for me for over a year now.

Emily_G

Not necessarily this site, but other forums...yes I've done that. It's dumb really, whatever is posted will be there the next time you check it...whatever time that may be.

philly2bits

It's very common for new comers to the site to feel like they are addicted to it. With limited socialization in real life people have to turn to the internet. Even the internet may be intimidating to someone with SA, so this site and others like it becomes the place they feel most comfortable.

With a safe place to finally socialize many people go overboard and talk to everyone about anything all the time. It could be like a drug in the sense they become addicted to the sensations of being listened and responded to by others, of actually being part of a community, something that has been lacking up until now.

I've been a member here for awhile now and for most people this phase of spending hours at a time online doesn't seem to last more then 3 or 4 months at the most. After that people seem to get it all out of their system and either don't log on anymore or do so at a much more moderate pace.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I just joined yesterday but I can already start seeing myself getting addicting to it. Either that or I'm procrastinating the doing of my homework::(:

U

userremoved

Yep, you all belong to me now hehe >:] No but in all seriousness I have trouble staying away myself.

IamThisOne

When I can't sleep, I get on. I don't think it's addictive though because sometimes I won't get on that day.

Ignace

Hmm addictive .. Not a day passes without checking this site. Addicted ? I don't think I am, I can let it pass for a few days, did it before. Just like to check it. :D

mrb

i live in the spw server , i just put some new carpet down , some new flowery curtains up , and a few nick nacks , you know like a toaster kettle and stuff :) here im quite happy living in the spw server .....:)

mrb

five months, 1,700 posts....

please, god, help me

hahahahahaha hey look at mine mate , iv been here for years , over 4000 posts :confused: but when im living in ireland next jan that will be it :rolleyes: no more spw for gazza ....... well having said that ill pop in now and again to say hello :D

Minty

I'm new here but I wouldn't be surprised if that'll happen to me in the future. Sites that I enjoy from LJ to dA have done that to me in the past...then again, the internet is the only way I socialize with people outside of my immediate family.

When people go out every night with their friends, that's not considered an addiction, even though it does cut into their sleep time. It's thought of as healthy.

philly2bits

I'm new here but I wouldn't be surprised if that'll happen to me in the future. Sites that I enjoy from LJ to dA have done that to me in the past...then again, the internet is the only way I socialize with people outside of my immediate family.

When people go out every night with their friends, that's not considered an addiction, even though it does cut into their sleep time. It's thought of as healthy.

You'd be amazed how many people ask to be banned from here because they can't stop from logging on and it interferes with offline socializing or other activities. I guess even people with SA consider online socializing to be fake or subpar compared to in person.

Waybuloo

Atm, SWP is to me what Facebook is to most people, so yeah it is addictive, i'm always checking back to see what's roasting in the anxiety couldron :)
But if i'm out somewhere and busy doing something then I don't even miss it, it's only an indoors addiction.

Minty

You'd be amazed how many people ask to be banned from here because they can't stop from logging on and it interferes with offline socializing or other activities. I guess even people with SA consider online socializing to be fake or subpar compared to in person.

Not all because I have SA and tbh, I've had much more satisfying conversations with people online than in person. People feel more free to state their opinions (even those without SA) online, and are more confident to talk about deep subjects, because they have more time to think of an intelligent reply.

I don't feel that my interactions with people on the internet are fake. I'm conveying something that I feel deeply through text, something that I wouldn't have the confidence to say in person. If that's not real, I don't know what is...

philly2bits

Not all because I have SA and tbh, I've had much more satisfying conversations with people online than in person. People feel more free to state their opinions (even those without SA) online, and are more confident to talk about deep subjects, because they have more time to think of an intelligent reply.

I don't feel that my interactions with people on the internet are fake. I'm conveying something that I feel deeply through text, something that I wouldn't have the confidence to say in person. If that's not real, I don't know what is...

I know not all with SA do. But a large number, including myself, seem unfulfilled by only having online socializing. Something is missing, although I can't put my finger on just what that something is.

I know not all with SA do. But a large number, including myself, seem unfulfilled by only having online socializing. Something is missing, although I can't put my finger on just what that something is.

I cannot do that either.
Online socializing is great! Still need that offline. Just can't stand it. Wait, the quiet one speaks, all shall listen. Shist.

Addictive, yes. For now. As all things come to an end.