You know what I think is the hardest thing in life?

neurotic-to-the-bone

Just being me.

Which is quite a paradox. Since that's the only way I can live life. I have to be me in order to live it. Ain't no loopholes there. But that's what makes it so difficult. When you're not comfortable being you, when you don't feel good about yourself, when you're ashamed of yourself. Simply, when you don't like being you or might even hate it. Then it makes it hard to live because you have to live it by being this person. Because that's what life is, YOU is life. Without you there is no life for oneself.

Sorry if this peculiar post doesn't make much sense to you. It's just that I think WAY TOO MUCH. I just needed to get some of it out of my head. So there.

DespairSoul

Just being me.

Which is quite a paradox. Since that's the only way I can live life. I have to be me in order to live it. Ain't no loopholes there. But that's what makes it so difficult. When you're not comfortable being you, when you don't feel good about yourself, when you're ashamed of yourself. Simply, when you don't like being you or might even hate it. Then it makes it hard to live because you have to live it by being this person. Because that's what life is, YOU is life. Without you there is no life for oneself.

Sorry if this peculiar post doesn't make much sense to you. It's just that I think WAY TOO MUCH. I just needed to get some of it out of my head. So there.

Hey;)

Im sorry to hear that u dont like being your self. I dont know what to say because i too dont like be myself. It is P A R A D O X as u said. Only u can change it: Work hard on that start like yourself or just sorrowing about yourself feel worthless and dislike selfs, by the worse cases just give up. Everything what i know wroted make me feel weird because is hard to do it. What do you like to do in free time the most what let you stop thinking about yourself and dislike yourself?Do you have comfort zone about your self or activity what do you like?Do you was maybe trying some therapy or join some group what go trought the same thing what u do?

Untamed88

Just being me.

I know what you mean. I love if I could just be me but I can't and yet I am all I have.

planemo

Yes, i understand exactly where you are coming from. Being me, I must admit has been the toughest test in my life and thus my entire life is a test of existing as myself. Sometimes it would be nice to know that the only person I have is not the same person turning my life into a disaster.

Kingdave

True True,.........its tooken me my whole life....and its like i was comfortable with myself but maybe not as much in public or in certain places or at certain times. i dunno but yeh i guess its hard to be yourself sometimes

neurotic-to-the-bone

Hey;)

Im sorry to hear that u dont like being your self. I dont know what to say because i too dont like be myself. It is P A R A D O X as u said. Only u can change it: Work hard on that start like yourself or just sorrowing about yourself feel worthless and dislike selfs, by the worse cases just give up. Everything what i know wroted make me feel weird because is hard to do it. What do you like to do in free time the most what let you stop thinking about yourself and dislike yourself?Do you have comfort zone about your self or activity what do you like?Do you was maybe trying some therapy or join some group what go trought the same thing what u do?

Hey and thank you for coming with advice. That's nice. :) I know it's only me who can change it but the thing is, I don't really know how to start liking myself just like that since I have had low self-esteem as long as I can remember. I know it's not good thinking thoughts like that but sometimes you can't help them. Giving up, yeah can't say I haven't thought about it but I'm still here so I do want to change and feel good about myself. Part of the problem is that I have too much free time which gives me too much time to think. Which is not healthy for me. At all. I don't really have a special activity I like to do in my free time. Just regular stuff like tv, music, computer, shopping in small doses. Occasionally meet with a friend. Guess it would be good for me to have one. I would like to have a hobby of some sort. It's just hard for me to come up with one. I'm restless and I get tired of things pretty easily.

Comfort zone..Hmm. I feel rather comfortable at my trainee job but unfortunately it's only 2 days a week thereof the large amount of free time. I have been trying to get some special therapy for this for quite some time now and finally I got an appointment last week. Too bad she got sick then so we had to postpone it. Hopefully it won't be too long though. I really want to get going and start working on this.

Bustn Justin

I admit I hae myself alot and ask myself why I am not someone else. I feel that if I was more like other guys then I would be more accepted and not have social anxiety. Being different makes me anxious since I feel nobody can relate to me and reason to dislike me. I do not like to talk much about myself to others to avoid them telling me I am wierd. I know this sounds f**ked up but that is how I truly feel.

Bustn Justin

I tried to meditate but doesn't last long and get drustrated. As well I think of songs about sex when I do.