writing posts takes ages

mike_sp

doncha hate writing replys to forums?
i always take so long cause i continually rethink and rewrite my reply
it takes forever.

once i was typing a reply, it took so long by the time submitted it, the thread was deleted cause it was too old.

ah, the absurdities of life.

FaymeLevy

That's why I don't usually reply to posts. I find it somewhat easier here though, because I know everyone else has the same problems as me and are not judging me.

mike_sp

yeah i know. I ussually just lurk at forums but here its more comfortable cause were all in the same boat

Nvenya

Strange, I'm the opposite. I'm more uncomfortable about posting here because we are specifically discussing SP/SA and its symptoms. I feel as though everyone is judging my grammar, spelling and opinions and trying to find fault with them. Ironic that when I'm trying to work out my fear of being judged by talking about it in an SA/SP forum, I end up obsessing and worrying about it more.

As to the original topic, yes, I find I take entirely too long to post a reply. I edit and spell check so much that by the time I'm done it seems hours have gone by. Sometimes I will even forget what the original topic was because I take too long worrying over my grammar and spelling.

sensitive

i am wondering how those people can post such huge posts. you may noticed how much some here have already had over 1000 posts :eek: . it needs hardwork. sometimes i think to compete others here to post as much as posts i could (for example 1000 posts sounds good 8) but not easy at all) some membrs here are so active like they are machines rather than human beings.

Scottish_Player

When i first started posting here i was paranoid, i used to read over and over my post before submitting it and then half the time i would just delete it :roll: without posting, but now i put up everything i type even if i know its alot of shite :lol:

Dont worry what you put up, the more you post the more comfortable you will feel with doing it, its like most things in life. and to be honest with me being able give my opinion here it has made ita little easier in my everyday life as well. :D

sensitive

good scottish player. nice to hear that :) , we should to be comfortable here since this is our place. no excuse to be uncomfortable here, it doesn't need courage or anything else to post here and take part of it. this is a quiet peacful place made for us, it is our shelter :wink: .

black_mamba

Nvenya said:
As to the original topic, yes, I find I take entirely too long to post a reply. I edit and spell check so much that by the time I'm done it seems hours have gone by. Sometimes I will even forget what the original topic was because I take too long worrying over my grammar and spelling.

:lol: Me too. But the thing is, its not important in the bigger picture. We're all communicating effectively here, grammar aside. Some members can barely speak English anyway so I doubt bad grammar or spelling should attract negative critisism, except from trolls. :evil:

Angie_05

I hate it when I get done typing a long one and the computer freezes or I accidently click the back button and the message disappears. I don't even bother to type it out again.