Would you date someone with SA?

NP88

Would anyone prefer to date someone with SA as opposed to someone without it living a regular life?

Personally I feel that the only person who would want to be with me is someone who can understand why I am the way I am and deal with the oddness of the life I live. Plus I find shy people to be far more interesting, deep, and appreciative of the world then most others. Though I fear that I would become too comfortable and too attatched leaving me trapped and helpless...

Insane1

I would want to date somebody with SA more than a normal person. Because a person with SA would understand me,also people with SA are usually nicer and more caring than normal people.

Dead_on_Arrival

I married someone with SA. It has been a rough ride because for the first 8 1/2 years she never knew I had sa. I kept it from her because I didn't want my problems to affect her as she had her own. Since she found out life has been better although there are still issues that come about.
I have dated 'normal' women in the past and honestly it was easier than taking on the emotions, mood swings and arguments of my wife but she is the one I fell in love with and needed me.

Last edited:

jimmie

Banned
of course i would date someone with sa im just knowing a person with sa and im very happy to do that becouse i think she could understand the way i am and this is very important for me

Deliciously Dated

I think I might actually prefer dating someone who doesn't have SA, although I certainly would not rule out someone who does.

KnuffleBunny

Well I've dated two men with it before, wonder if it's a trend for me? Lol. But in all seriousness, speaking as a 'normal' person I have no problems dating those with SA as long as I know they have it, they don't place all their blame on it and do their best to deal with it. I have no problem helping out if I'm needed.

I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't look for a SA girl on purpose, since it could have more disadvantages than advantages.

YellowBird

anyone 'damaged' in general,whether they are depressed,avoidant like me or too sensitive for the real world,for someone I love I would be stronger in order to protect them.

MrJones

I don't date, so I don't think I could say a thing, but if I met someone I like I don't think SA or any other disorder would be a problem (unless she wanted to kill me lol).

You can't decide your feelings, if you love someone I don't think that this would be an impediment.

But again, I don't think I should say a word :p

Srijita52

It doesn't make a difference to me, as long as we have similar interest, belief or feelings. Not all SA sufferers are same, nor they share the same personalities. So I guess it depends on the individual.

Emma03

Would anyone prefer to date someone with SA as opposed to someone without it living a regular life?

Personally I feel that the only person who would want to be with me is someone who can understand why I am the way I am and deal with the oddness of the life I live. Plus I find shy people to be far more interesting, deep, and appreciative of the world then most others. Though I fear that I would become too comfortable and too attatched leaving me trapped and helpless...

I haven't dated somebody with SA, but for the most part, I prefer introverted personality types and people who are NOT terribly outgoing. Once I did date somebody who was very much the opposite of me, and while it did help me get out of my shell, it didn't work in the long run because we were just too different. Saying that, I would date somebody with SA, even though it might make it harder to leave my comfort zone. I agree that shy/introverted people are more interesting, especially at an emotional level. :cool:

razzle dazzle rose

I am dating someone who has SA. He doesn't know he has SA, not in those terms anyway. He just says he doesn't have any friends and never has. But it goes deeper than that.

They say that sometimes you don't know what you want in a partner but you come to learn what you don't want in a partner through your relationships. It has been very difficult, and we seem to feed each others SA instead of easing it. In my dreams for our future I imagine him (and me) being more outgoing and doing things. I am coming to the realization that it probably won't happen. Not while being together at least.

I have a history of dating so called "damaged" types. I suppose I have 'cause I feel that if I can love them like that, all damaged, then maybe they can love me and accept me too. It doesn't always work out that way.

BiWinning

I think dating someone with SA would be cool, then they'd be more understanding about certain things
But I mean, most people I crush on are SA free

DeadmanWalking

it would depend entirely

on how nice her butt is

Oh, coyote, you never cease to suprise me! Very well then, please clarify on the qualities her butt must have for you to date her then, coyote:rolleyes:. In fact, let me see a picture of your dream butt::p:!

I wouldn't mind dating someone with SA; it just means we have more in common. It would probably make the relationship a little harder, but SA people, in my opinion, don't tend to be as picky or high-maintenance dating material as a "normal" person would be.

MikeyC

it would depend entirely

on how nice her butt is
Well, obviously! ;)

To be honest, I think I'd prefer not to.
I would prefer not to, as well, but it would depend on how severe it is. I have my own problems so I can't really be that double standard, but I would stray from a girl who was psychotic or something. ::p:

I'm not into dating that much, anyway, so I don't really have much flavour to my words, haha!

Invisibleman

maybe I would maybe I wouldnt. I guess it depends on how bad it is,but ive always thought if I dated a girl with SA helping each other with our problems and whatnot seems like it would be a pretty cool bonding thing. But ive never had a girlfriend or dated anybody so what do I know.

razzle dazzle rose

I know nothing about relationships, but I thought the whole point was that you look after eachother, so dismissing someone because they suffer from something like that doesn't seem right to me, especially if you suffer from the same thing. If you help them with their issue, they will help you with yours, unless you don't have any ofcourse. People that suffer from SA saying that other people that suffer from SA aren't good enough to go out with them is a bit sad in my eyes, it's not dementia ffs, having SA doesn't mean you have a **** personality or are any less capable of being a good partner.

I understand what you are saying. Just because we have SA doesn't make us bad people, true. If we are working on our problems, facing them, then yeah, others should give us a chance.

I was one of those here who said I wouldn't want to date someone with SA. And to be honest, I wouldn't date me. In my current state, I should not be in a relationship. I have a lot of baggage and hangups, and truly, if I cannot help my SA, how can I help someone else with their SA? It just doesn't happen. My partner cannot be my therapist and vice versa. I am speaking about my own experience here. This is not the case for everyone of course.