Wish i could change the way i look

greggy

Hey everyone, so ive been confused about weather im good looking or not, and i have now come to the conclusion that im not!

Is anyone going through this too? I get no attension from women at all was it just me trying to be positive trying to convince myself that i am but i cant anymore, i wish i do somthing to change the way i look

I always thought I'd look better if I go to the gym and exercise, and also stop eating stuff that gives me pimples, just eat better in general. I don't want to be super attractive but just normal looking. But I never did these things, I don't worry as much about it anymore, but it's on my mind sometimes.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Hey everyone, so ive been confused about weather im good looking or not, and i have now come to the conclusion that im not

Same here mate. I don't consider myself good looking either. But I do know one thing, if we look after ourselves physically and hygienically, it gives us a little more confidence that at least those areas are taken care of.

I reckon when a woman thinks whether you're to her liking or not, she not only thinks about the good points but also the bad.

Reasonable physical shape/fitness v unfit or quite overweight
Fresh breath, good oral hygiene v poor oral hygiene (this is a big one)
Clean hair v greasy hair
Nice smelling v poor body odour
Dressed well v looking feral.

All of these things are at least in our control. If we look after ourselves it shows we have some self respect.
The most important thing though is finding someone who likes you for who you are.
You seem like a nice enough guy, im sure there's someone out there for you :)

Alienated

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

Society had placed way too much emphesis on apperances, and it has created a mess... If women disregaurd you because of looks, they aren't worth knowing. They have a ugly character, and are shallow. Why do you think they are single ? They only care about themselves and getting their needs met.

Real love comes from finding someone you trust and enjoy being with, and besides beauty fades, and shallow ponds dry-up !! But real love never fails.

I might add though that a change of continence and good health can make dramatic changes in outward appearence... I have changed allot in 8 years just from changing my beliefs about myself, finding my strengths and improving them, stopping self destuctive behavior, and loosing 40 lbs.

I just feel better about myself, and can hold my head up now.

Last edited:

MikeyC

You can only work with what you have, mate, and what may be unattractive to one person may be attractive to another. You can never really figure out what girls will or won't like, so try to be the best you can be. That is, eat right, exercise, dress well, and be social (if you're capable). It's no guarantee, but you're giving yourself the best chance of meeting people. :)

I'm sure we've all wanted to change how we look to some degree, though: thicker hair, brighter eyes, less pounds, smaller nose, beefier arms/legs, etc., but just accentuate your assets!

Society had placed way too much emphesis on apperances, and it has created a mess... If women disregaurd you because of looks, they aren't worth knowing. They have a ugly character, and are shallow. Why do you think they are single ? They only care about themselves and getting their needs met.
This applies to both women and men, mate.

Solo Dolo

Hey everyone, so ive been confused about weather im good looking or not, and i have now come to the conclusion that im not!

Is anyone going through this too? I get no attension from women at all was it just me trying to be positive trying to convince myself that i am but i cant anymore, i wish i do somthing to change the way i look

I have felt this way for years. I always have been confused about whether I am good looking or not. And I have also come to the conclusion that I am not. It sucks though because I am only attracted to women who are out of my league lol.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

Women aren't usually as obvious about it as men when they find someone physically attractive.

If a women does find you physically attractive, she's still not as likely as a man to give you some signal unless she has more information to decide whether you're someone she'd like to be with.

If she does give you some signal, you may still miss or misinterpret that signal.

Women: they're not men. ;)

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I think I am ugly also, I've been called pretty, ugly ect so I am not actually sure because I get mixed opinions but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I don't see myself as beautiful. At least if you're unattractive and you find someone who likes you then it's more likely because of your personality as opposed to looks, that's the bright side! :eek:)

PhillipJFry

I bet everybody on Earth, at least one time or another in their lives, wishes they could change something physically about themselves.
Sometimes I feel as you do too, but even if I looked like James Dean or something.. I'd still be myself, I'd still be afraid to answer phones, or talk to co-workers, or go to new places ect. ect.

I think that if at one time "you were confused about whether* you're good looking or not," as you say, then you cannot be all that unattractive. Otherwise you would have know from the get-go.
At least you're not Quasimodo, or that guy Eric Stoltz played in "Mask," or some other stereotypically hideous person.

bsammy

isnt there a website where you can put your pictures up and have people rate them?i think its www.amihotornot.com i think u just throw your pic on there and people rate them...give it a shot, see where u stand..

bsammy

oh and yes, most people wish they could change how they look but there have been cases where ive been around beautiful girls that didnt like the way they looked and just wished they could change tiny little things..i just shook my head as these girls would rate a high 8 ot 9 on my scale..on the flipside i know guys that look like bodybuilders that also wish they could look different..

bsammy

^^^ummm, enjoying life and loving themselves aka being confident are huge attributes for men..being outgoing and having fun wherever you go is very attractive to women....being energetic and having a certain energy to you goes farther than looks imo...

Flowers-Of-Bloom

oh and yes, most people wish they could change how they look but there have been cases where ive been around beautiful girls that didnt like the way they looked and just wished they could change tiny little things..i just shook my head as these girls would rate a high 8 ot 9 on my scale..on the flipside i know guys that look like bodybuilders that also wish they could look different..

I wish you would not rate people on a scale is it very objectifying, I make a point not to do it to others because they are people not things whose value I determine on a scale of 1-10, I either find them attractive or not. I hope that you will change your thinking.

Hey There,

I can totally relate to what you are talking. In my case, I don't feel like I'm terribly bad looking but I sweat constantly from my face, especially around woman. It seems to change the way they look at me instantly. I try not to let it get to me though because I know the right person will eventually look past that. I think you should try to look at it in a similar way. One day you will meet someone that does find you attractive, and for more than just your appearance. Keep your head up!:)

Bronson99

I wish you would not rate people on a scale is it very objectifying, I make a point not to do it to others because they are people not things whose value I determine on a scale of 1-10, I either find them attractive or not. I hope that you will change your thinking.

Yes, I may have mentioned this to bsammy before as well, I really think he would be a happier person if he thought less in objective terms.

In other words, look at things in shades of grey, and begin to defeat black-and-white thinking.

greggy

This will sound ridiculous, but here there is a thread called post your picture thread, i posted a picture there and no one said i am good looking so from that i concluded that im not. Is this stupid?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
This will sound ridiculous, but here there is a thread called post your picture thread, i posted a picture there and no one said i am good looking so from that i concluded that im not. Is this stupid?
Your expectations are not reasonable.

If you look through that thread, most guys don't get told that they're good looking when they post their pics. That does not mean that most guys are ugly.