why in the....???

doubleM

i just dont understand. i tried to talk to a girl on facebook. i havent seen her since high school. i got like 3 lines of text from her then...nothing. i kept sending messages and talking...to myself apparently for 30 min...she was still on...
it was just a normal conversation. i barely get acknowledged. its the same way in real life. i dont get it what am i supposed to say that commands respect or sparks interest?
every single time i try this happens. every single time.
yeah i have social anxiety but i put myself out there and try, but all i get is ignored. people will say i shouldnt get upset when a girl doesnt show interest. i know i shouldnt but it does bother me severely. theyve been doing this to me since i was a teenager. now im almost 30, how much frustration do you think is built up in me?
i cant deal with the frustration anymore.

rodinski

i just dont understand. i tried to talk to a girl on facebook. i havent seen her since high school. i got like 3 lines of text from her then...nothing. i kept sending messages and talking...to myself apparently for 30 min...she was still on...
it was just a normal conversation. i barely get acknowledged. its the same way in real life. i dont get it what am i supposed to say that commands respect or sparks interest?
yeah i have social anxiety but i put myself out there and try, but all i get is ignored. people will say i shouldnt get upset when a girl doesnt show interest. i know i shouldnt but it does bother me severely. theyve been doing this to me since i was a teenager. now im almost 30, how much frustration do you think is built up in me?
i cant deal with the frustration anymore.

just simply open it up.

"Kai, am I being ignored? Well, yup. Kai, bye. I'm not wasting time here."

Edit: don't let chicks like this waste your time. Take some initiative and be like, "YO BIIIAATCH, Don't disrupt my floo." haha, kai, don't say it like that, but you know what I mean eh?

Last edited:

agoraphobickatie

just simply open it up.

"Kai, am I being ignored? Well, yup. Kai, bye. I'm not wasting time here."

Edit: don't let chicks like this waste your time. Take some inittive and be like, "YO BIIIAATCH, Don't disrupt my floo." haha, kai, don't say it like that, but you know what I mean eh?

uhhh no, don't do that either.. that's even more annoying than you sitting there talking to yourself for a half hour. saying something like that just makes you seem desperate, and childish and it gives me the impression of a closet psycho, just sayin! ..apparently, you're just trying to get things going with the wrong people. you can't make someone be interested in you no matter how hard you try =/ if you have a short convo and she doesn't keep up with talking, then don't keep up with talking either, just "X" out of the box and don't say anything else.. if after a small attempt, she still ignores you, then she's just not interested in talking and just leave it be. i understand how frustrated you must be ::(: but you just have to try, try again and hope that someone new may come along who really does strike your fancy and seems to have an interest in you as well..

rodinski

uhhh no, don't do that either.. that's even more annoying than you sitting there talking to yourself for a half hour. saying something like that just makes you seem desperate, and childish and it gives me the impression of a closet psycho, just sayin! ..apparently, you're just trying to get things going with the wrong people. you can't make someone be interested in you no matter how hard you try =/ if you have a short convo and she doesn't keep up with talking, then don't keep up with talking either, just "X" out of the box and don't say anything else.. if after a small attempt, she still ignores you, then she's just not interested in talking and just leave it be. i understand how frustrated you must be ::(: but you just have to try, try again and hope that someone new may come along who really does strike your fancy and seems to have an interest in you as well..

what?....?

lol i misread your stuff. lol, i thought you said they send you 3 lines and then don't say anything. WOOPSSSEEEE lol.

Damn, i get ignored in ICQ, Friendster and eventually Facebook. Now, i don't even bother to start a chat or even post anything anymore in my Facebook.

SilverFire

I hear ya. The only thing I know to do is to look for people that have similar interests and then talk about them. I've tried creating conversations out of nothing and it just doesn't work for me. Other people can do it because they like common things -- sports, for instance. So unless you want to talk about the weather or some boring junk like that, find similar interests. It'll cut down on the Amount of lame conversations for sure and well, it increases the number of good conversations if you can find someone with similar interests.

Ashiene

You shouldn't be bothered with people who can't be bothered with you. Those people aren't worth your attention.

zav943

I understand your frustration (I really, really do), but there's nothing to do but absorb the sting and keep trying. There's nothing wrong in being upset about it.

Kiwong

Well if you can't develop a thicker skin then rejection in the dating game will always hurt you severely.

I am at the point in my life, where I love so much the things I have a passion for, that the whole issue of dating is not something I worry about. I think there's more to life than obsessing about whether you can get a date or not.

In the past I think the ladies I was interested in where the wrong ones for the wrong reasons. Girls I had no chance of getting to know, often the most outgoing, attractive. Perhaps I looked beyond the ones that were kind to me, and where there was a possibility of connection.

zav943

Well if you can't develop a thicker skin then rejection in the dating game will always hurt you severely.

I am at the point in my life, where I love so much the things I have a passion for, that the whole issue of dating is not something I worry about. I think there's more to life than obsessing about whether you can get a date or not.

In the past I think the ladies I was interested in where the wrong ones for the wrong reasons. Girls I had no chance of getting to know, often the most outgoing, attractive. Perhaps I looked beyond the ones that were kind to me, and where there was a possibility of connection.

Give this man an award!
Best answer in this thread! I actually feel better after reading this (and I've just been rejected and have been feeling very crappy).

Jake123

Banned
Are you sure she wasn't just busy/not paying attention? I'm pretty sure most girls have ADD while on the computer. For all you know her friend just texted her with the latest gossip or she was painting her nails, lol

i barely get acknowledged. its the same way in real life. i dont get it what am i supposed to say that commands respect or sparks interest?
yeah i have social anxiety but i put myself out there and try, but all i get is ignored.

I feel invisible to others for no reason too, you're NOT the only one. I just wrote a post similar to this about nobody being interested in being my friend lol

Are you sure she wasn't just busy/not paying attention? I'm pretty sure most girls have ADD while on the computer. For all you know her friend just texted her with the latest gossip or she was painting her nails, lol

Jeez, a little stereotypical LOL...most of us girls aren't always gossiping and painting our nails ;)

da_illest101

the thing i hate the most after being ignored, when those ppl need some help they come seek you out, but it feels amazingly great turning them down