Why I am here.

SocialMT

I can see that most others are here due to different problems and what not but mine takes a tole on me in a different way, I use to be outgoing and highly social so I am told by my parents and girlfriend, but I can't remember a lot of my life due to my accident.

Ashley my girlfriend told me that i crashed my dirt bike into a tree when racing at the circuit, but i don't remember this at all, but i do remember training for the race. and my memory is on and off like a light switch every day, one moment I'll be brushing my teeth and the next im outside sitting down reading and don't know how i ended up there in the first place, my memory last about 1-2 hours then nothing for 20-30 minutes. my gf is a care giver as her job so she stays with me all day every day so i don't die like walk into the street or drown in the shower.

since I am aware this is happening but my mind hiccups and if i talk to you and i zone (thats what i call it) i won't remember talking to you or your face.

so i am wondering if anone else has medical problems like mine or different.

Last edited:

Nathália

That's unfortunate that happened to you, but I'm glad you're here with everyone today. I've never experienced a severe medical trauma.

I do find myself wrapped up and zoned in my own mind that I can walk to places in the house and wonder how I got there. Or I did something like a chore and don't remember completing it. I think it's just anxiety taking a toll on me, plus my short attention span.

My medical issues they don't really affect me unless I don't care of my health, so I'm alright. ;)

Srijita52

That's unfortunate that happened to you, but I'm glad you're here with everyone today. I've never experienced a severe medical trauma.

I do find myself wrapped up and zoned in my own mind that I can walk to places in the house and wonder how I got there. Or I did something like a chore and don't remember completing it. I think it's just anxiety taking a toll on me, plus my short attention span.

My medical issues they don't really affect me unless I don't care of my health, so I'm alright. ;)

Same here.
I'm sorry to hear a what you went through, I hope you find someone who can relate to you.

SocialMT

it's not that big a problem to me as it use to when it first started to happen but it's a part of me now and to get past trauma you just have to call it a friend :) acceptance is the only way to live with something you hate or limits you.

i have episodes of black outs but i am actively doing things subconsciously and having no memory when i wake up, one time i cleaned the entire house and when my mom asked who did it i thought my sister did. or waking up at the bar with a drink in my hand and talking to a pretty girl. but there are bad times like when I was driving to a friends house and i ended up at the airport. i think i should start writing notes down for myself to see if i write back when im blacked out or something to see if i answer back. it's really creepy if i do happen to reply to myself O_O

coyote

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

i may have told you that before, but neither one of us probably remembers :]

my bad memory is due to old age

SocialMT

thank you for the warm welcome coyote :) everyone is really nice here and accepting, it's quite comforting.

Hoppy

At least you have got a reason, I've standed in the middle of the workshop having absolutely no idea what I was doing just now.

Welcome, and good luck fighting the enemy, erm sorry,engaging with your friend.