Who's going to provide my ALIBI for tonight (New Years eve)?

SilentStranger

No I am not going to commit a crime.

But I am however planning to stay home tonight/1st morning. Now that can be a crime in some peoples books.

The truth is I accually would not mind going out. As I can handle social interaction in small doses now. Ok its conditional on me having large doses of meds or alcohol. OK its not quite an interaction..I all I do is drink and nod... but still.

Besides it better than being at home and feeling sorry, becoming further depressed and ofcourse trying to explain to people when they ask what did you do on new years eve.

But I don't have anybody to go anywhere with... so I need an alibi :)

hmmm. Any takers?

Anybody else in the same boat?

-SS

weak

What about your family? Spending News Years with your parents aint all that bad. Maybe go out to dinner and catch a movie. Anything is better than staying at home alone on a holiday.

2Crowded

Im going to celebrate it whith my friend who lives 5 time zones away through chat & phone..then they are going to go to sleep & set thier alarm to be awake to celebrate again when the new year rolls around for me here in my time zone. ...I may have some rum while at it at some point..watch the ball drop in New York ect. :)

Re: Who's going to provide my ALIBI for tonight (New Years e

Seems like either you talk to some weird people or you're over-dramatizing. Nobody has ever arrested me when I've said I spend it watching my computer clock flip over to the new year. Lots of people don't even stay awake for it.

SilentStranger

Hmm some of those alibis are quite good ... especially if I prefix those phrases with... while I was drunk. :)

Yeah I suppose I can goto to my relo's place with parents. The annoying thing is my siblings will go out and my cousins are probably going out. Oh well atleast I was "out".

As getbornagain said I could say that I was lumped with visiting the relos.
Which is kinda true.

-SS

worrywort

I'm staying at home tonight, with my mum and step dad, little sister and two of her friends, and I don't plan to get drunk.....and when people ask me what I did for new years eve, I'll tell them I stayed at home with my mum and step dad, little sister and two of her friends and I didn't get drunk......I don't see anything wrong with this, and if other people think badly of me because of this, well that's their problem, not mine.

last year I didn't even stay up! I went to bed about 10!!!

stardog

Lol at this thread...yes in my experience it is practically a crime to be home alone on New Year's. I could've gone with my mum & little sis to the fireworks in London tonight, but it seemed a bit, i dunno sad...not that staying home isn't however...

I'll probably just say I went to some random pub, etc. I can usually lie in a way that makes people disinterested in what I say, such as putting my head down, talking quietly, so they don't ask many questions..

Rationally, it's just another night, but actually it kinda hurts :(

getbornagain

Noone can deny having relatives over. You are expected to see your family when they are in town to visit. It is your perfect alibi if you don't want to go out. If they don't buy it tell them to fuck off and remind them New Year's parties will be happening every year til Armageddon.

Walk

Yeah, spending time with family is usually a good thing. I'm sure MOST of your parents, if they're good ones, enjoy seeing their children with them during holidays. I would if I was a parent.

SilentStranger

I did end up going to my relatives's place with my parents.

Yes parents are of course happy that I am here for the holidays, but I think they were embarraced that I was not going out with friends and partying. I overheard mum saying to the relo, that I might be going somewhere...even though I never said that to her.

Its sad isn't it, most parents are worried about their kids going out & partying and wished that they were home. But my parents wish that I was out and partying. I feel sorry not for me, but also for them.

My world is truely upside down and back to front.

I wonder if anybody without SP can even understand what a diffrent life an SPic lives.

-SS

Walk

Riiya said:
Walk said:
Yeah, spending time with family is usually a good thing. I'm sure MOST of your parents, if they're good ones, enjoy seeing their children with them during holidays. I would if I was a parent.

This is what my mom used to tell me:

"When I was your age, I would go out with a bunch of my friends during the holidays and enjoy life. [Why the hell are you with us and not with your friends?]"

She stopped trying after she realized I wasn't going to have any friends close enough to spend the holidays with ever.

There's little I could say about those kinds of parents.

I BELIEVE it is obvious when a kid is having problems. You can tell by the eyes, the facial expression, basically the general demeanor if he or she is not having a good time in life. A parent MUST, it's their god damn responsibility, to notice these things and help out their kids in the most down to earth way possible...

If I had kids and I knew that they did have friends and yet they still decided to spend time with me during New Years, I'd be all the more flattered. I wouldn't force them to... that'd be counterproductive. Age also depends of course. But if you have a teen, regardless whether or not they have friends, voluntarily spending time with family during the holidays is something that just can't be considered bad.... man, some parents are weird.