Who wears short shorts?

Do you wear short shorts

• I am a girl - I wear shorts.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I am a girl - I refuse to wear shorts.

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • I am a boy - I'd wear short shorts.

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • I am a boy - I would refuse to wear short shorts.

Votes: 36 41.4%

• Total voters

WeirdyMcGee

And by short shorts, I mean--- the only shorts they sell for girls these days.
short+shorts.jpg

The trend is short skirts and short shorts that don't cover upper thighs.
Going into any store, be it Walmart, Bluenotes, American Eagle, Aeropostale-- you will find that they only really sell shorts/skirts that are about 1 inch past the crotch... or board shorts that reach the knee.

I see girls on the street all summer long-- in this town; girls who walk around in their bikinis, or girls who wear the short short length skirts and shorts.
If I were confident enough about my fat thighs to actually wear something that length, I STILL think I'd be embarassed walking around in something that covers up as much as my underwear.
Is it just me?
Am I the only one who is terrified of these shorts?
Am I the only one who hates my legs and refuses to show them to the world no matter what?

What do you think when you see someone wearing so little clothing?
Is this common and perfectly fine or is it a little too much in your opinion?

My question for girls is: Do you wear these short shorts? Does it bother you to wear them at all or is it just so common that it doesn't matter?

My question for guys: If this trend had continued into men's wear-- would you give in and wear short shorts? Would it bother you to wear them even if every other guy on the planet also dressed the same way?

My answer: I absolutely refuse to wear these shorts. The very idea terrifies me.
I wear full length jeans in +40celcius weather. I wear full length leggings with dresses and skirts. I will never wear short shorts.
haha
I am far too selfconscious to bare so much skin no matter how hot it is outside.

lilmutegirl

I absolutely refuse to wear these shorts. The very idea terrifies me.
I wear full length jeans in +40celcius weather. I wear full length leggings with dresses and skirts. I will never wear short shorts.
haha
I am far too selfconscious to bare so much skin no matter how hot it is outside.

I'm with you--I don't wear any type of shorts. I have a couple of pairs of capris that I'm sometimes adventurous enough to venture out in.:D
To me, they look physicaly uncomfortable, too. I have a, um, sizable backside, and I don't know that I'd be able to move if I had a pair of short shorts on.

WeirdyMcGee

I have a, um, sizable backside, and I don't know that I'd be able to move if I had a pair of short shorts on.

Exactly. It's hard enough for me to find jeans that fit-- I need something to support me and keep everything in place; not something that lets everything ooze out! XD
haha

N0D

Banned
As long as they didn't crush my junk and it was considered like cool or hot by girls I wouldn't mind. They are soooooo nice on girls. :D

twiggle

I have some that are a bit like that. I do feel quite self-conscious in them so often wear them with leggings. If I don't wear them with leggings, I just make sure I never sit down. Mine are okay if I'm just walking around. I couldn't wear ones that are any shorter though. I wish I had the figure to though haha.

Kinetik

I would definitely be arrested for indecent exposure if I somehow managed to squeeze into a pair of those. So despite them almost certainly looking horrid on a man I'm pretty sure they're a no-go on the basis of anatomy alone. :D

But fair play to the ladies who wear them. I do usually give a woman a brief once-over if she's wearing something on the revealing side, and she doesn't have to be stick-thin or anything. I prefer a little meat.

As far as wearing shorts myself, I usually do if it's bordering on very warm outside, but even then I wear the longer, khaki style cargo shorts that go past the knee. I do prefer jeans on the whole though.

Last edited:

N0D

Banned
twig you do have the figure and kinetik the only reason you'd be arrested is cause a cop wanted an excuse to pat you down...:D

MrJones

I would definitely be arrested for indecent exposure if I somehow managed to squeeze into a pair of those. So despite them almost certainly looking horrid on a man I'm pretty sure they're a no-go on the basis of anatomy alone. :D
Yeah, pretty much so ::p:

If I could I wouldn't go out at all, and when needed, I would go out covered with my cloak of invisibility, so now, I wouldn't weat those :p

N0D

Banned
yeah pretty much any girls are going to look KILLLLLLER in them, for serious. maybe like 0.01% of guys will QQ about big girls or older girls or whatever wearing them, but the other 99.99% will break their neck and get in a car crash to keep their eyes locked on a girl wearing them regardless of the shape of her body...it's something about the almost revealing but not quite that we find AMAZING! it also might relate to us watching to much dukes of hazard...you make our fantasy come true with them! we promise we'll show our appreciation...ok i'm done now, just do it ladies! :D:cool::D:eek:

BrokenDream

I just dont wear shorts or anything else..well...then skinny jeans XD because of my skin condition that makes me really insure of my legs, and my overal low self-esteem of not having the figure for shorts....haha

this_portrait

I'll wear them, but only during the summer, and my legs have to be completely shaved (and considering my hair grows back fast, that's not too often).

Phoenixx

I try to avoid short shorts. However, I'm guilty of owning a couple. I was desperate this past summer and couldn't find anything that fit right, so I just grabbed what I could. I don't wear them all the time though. I'm self-conscious of my legs enough, well my thighs anyway. Usually in the summer I wear jeans too. Jeans and flip-flops and a tank is my usual go-to outfit.

razzle dazzle rose

It is very interesting to see this thread. I used to have a big thing against shorts. Well, more like against my knees. I used to not wear shorts, or skirts or dresses, that showed my knees. Silly, I know, but the look of them bothered me a lot.

Last summer I bought my first pair of shorts and wore them often. They were not super short though, and they fit well. I got them at Forever 21 (which is interesting 'cause their clothes are usually too short on me). I really liked wearing them! I missed out all that time I was against shorts.

Sometimes I feel like I am too covered up. I don't feel comfortable exposing too much skin though. I am looking for a new pair of shorts. Have not come across any that fit well yet.

Entangled

I bought a couple last summer because it was REALLY HOT in jeans. I only wear them around the house...never in public! XD

Moo

I don't wear shorts even in the middle of summer. I'm a healthy weight but I don't feel like I'm thin enough to wear them... though I guess I probably am. I don't like the attention from men either. ::(: Long jeans (rolled up a bit if it's really hot) and sandals in the summer is what you can usually find me in.

MikeyC

They are soooooo nice on girls. :D
Agree here. :D

I have seen shorts even shorter than the picture here on girls, where the bum is hanging out the bottom. I'm like :eek:! The fashion these days is very exposure-friendly. Good for us guys, bad for the girls.

Anyway, my tree-trunk thighs could never fit into a pair of shorts like that, and I would refuse to wear it even if I could.

WeirdyMcGee

I don't like the attention from men either.

Another good reason.
You *know* people will stare if you walk around with bare skin.
I want to be invisible.
I'll get stared at either way-- but less if my UGLY legs aren't showing.