Who is responsible for your problem?

Who is responsible for your problem?

• Total voters

CursedSoul

Banned
Who is responsible for your mental problem?

Who do you think is responsible for your mental problems?

Last edited:

JuiceB

I don't know. Who could I blame besides myself? I have three other brothers and a sister, all without any of the issues I deal with.

coyote

no one is "responsible"

looking for someone or something to blame merely keeps me focussed on the problem instead of finding ways to overcome it

my energy is best spent moving forward rather than looking backward

Swifty

no one is "responsible"

looking for someone or something to blame merely keeps me focussed on the problem instead of finding ways to overcome it

I agree...

U

user deleted

no one is "responsible"

I agree completely that blaming yourself or anyone else for the situation you are in is entirely unhelpful. What I mean when I say that I'm responsible for my mental health is that I feel that for recovery to begin that there's an element of accepting personal responsibility.. my mental health is my responsibility, I'm the only one that can make positive changes for myself. I don't blame myself for having mental health problems, but I do accept it is me that contributes to their perpetuation, and it is only me that has the power to overcome them.

laure15

I think my introverted personality and lack of good social skills contribute to my mental problems. But I also think my mental problems could be genetically inherited because many members of my family (immediate and extended) are introverted and/or have mental problems. And being harassed at school only aggravates my mental problems.

Lea

Banned
I don´t know why one should be responsible for the way they were born :confused: I basically grew up with my 3 weeks younger cousin and she was very different from the start. I cried all the time, while she almost never, etc. Was it my fault that I cried? I was a bitch from the start apparently.

What was before birth which destined the way we will be in this life? Nobody knows.

twiggle

'Who'? I don't think anybody is responsible for this. This isn't about other people - this is entirely about the way in which I interpret things. It's not my fault... it's just my duty to work on...

Geo

The internet. I spent wayyyy too much time on it the last 5-6 years. My social skills deteriorated.

TheTemp

I agree completely that blaming yourself or anyone else for the situation you are in is entirely unhelpful. What I mean when I say that I'm responsible for my mental health is that I feel that for recovery to begin that there's an element of accepting personal responsibility.. my mental health is my responsibility, I'm the only one that can make positive changes for myself. I don't blame myself for having mental health problems, but I do accept it is me that contributes to their perpetuation, and it is only me that has the power to overcome them.

This. I agree 100%.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
you can't treat a problem without getting to the roots of it!!!!

That's true, but you can't blame everyone for everything and free yourself from any responsibility.

I could say my family and school life had something to do with how I am now, but victimizing myself would solve nothing.

They're a shower of bastards. The cake is all eaten and my lotto ticket didnt win me anything. Its the Bastards fault! Those bastards! Theyre such bastards. I blame 'them'

Invisibleman

Well my therapist told me as a young boy that my anxiety stems from an actual physical defect in the brain so..I dunno god,allah,muhammad, whatever other god there is.<But im not religious so I really dont care.