Which gender do you feel more comfortable with?

FriendlyShadow

I would say throughout all my life, I'd think I (almost) have better interactions with women than guys. Literally every time I'm with a guy, our conversations fall flat, there's always awkward dead silence, and overall I guess I just don't enjoy male company that much. This is all just from my experience though. Strangely enough, when I'm talking to a girl, 90% of the time the conversations actually flow better and it's not as awkward. I don't seem to get that from the opposite gender though. But guess that's just me.

Last edited:
I would say throughout all my life, I'd think I (almost) have better interactions with women than guys. Literally every time I'm with a guy, our conversations fall flat, there's always awkward dead silence, and overall I guess I just don't enjoy male company that much. This is all just from my experience though. Strangely enough, when I'm talking to a girl, 90% of the time the conversations actually flow better and it's not as awkward. I don't seem to get that from the opposite gender though. But guess that's just me.

I'm just guessing, but i'm not a normal guy & i think conversations we have would flow better than with "normal" guys. I feel the same about guys - they seem to be ON (super-intense) or OFF (very few words), & usually are very "pr1ckly", swearing WAY too much, and so on. Whereas women are usually way more easy-going & free-flowing & not scared to talk about things in depth (including personal things, which males avoid like the plague! lol). Most males, esp the macho ones with big ego's, are very hard work.

Kiwong

I feel most comfortable with birds.

People I relax with most are family, and positive people I have met, who I can sense come from a kind space.

I think I am drawn to similarly "weird" people, who are determined to be authentically who they are, not what normalcy dictates.

lily

I feel most comfortable with birds.

People I relax with most are family, and positive people I have met, who I can sense come from a kind space.

I think I am drawn to similarly "weird" people, who are determined to be authentically who they are, not what normalcy dictates.
i think you come from a kind space kiwong
as well as graeme1988 and Jungle, grapevine and Ads7800 ..

Last edited:

lily

I'd like a friend to go to outings with and if i ever lose a b/f but i'd like a boyfriend to be friends and a partner w/. :)

as well as graeme1988 and Jungle and Ads7800 ..

That's so sweet of you lily!
HAHAHA, don't overestimate me, I am just some african savage who's only on this forum for the chick$ !!!

edit : just in case : I am joking.

I think being with a man or a woman depends on the situation, my polyglot events come to mind, it's held in a café, and I'd prefer being around guys, because most of the girls there assume that whoever is engaging a conversation with them wants to chat them up.

Most of the time I'd prefer being around women.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
After today, neither. And that’s the honest feckin’ true. :sad:

I feel inferior as a man. Have never felt like “one of the lads”, really. And the women to whom I’m unfortunately related, are way too bat-shit crazy to even attempt conversational interaction. So, I generally don’t bother. Truthfully, I’m more at ease with the stray cats that hang about in the back garden of my house.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
as well as graeme1988 and Jungle, grapevine and Ads7800 ..

That’s sweet of you to have included me in that, lily. :thumbup:

Maybe I’m not such a bad guy after all?

MollyBeGood

I used to think it was men, then I felt comfortable more with women.... Now I realize neither are any better.

lily

I used to think it was men, then I felt comfortable more with women.... Now I realize neither are any better.
:bigsmile: So you can talk to both like me? i also altered from being more in tune w/ guys or girls at a younger age. Now at the present time i don't go out with either except spend time w/ my parents so i guess that's why i don't alter anymore or whatever..

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Who I'm more comfortable around? Gender doesn't really come into it. Some people from both genders are A S S H O L E S.

I look at the individual and how they are toward me.

Marc7

Neither, it is hard to talk or approach either one. But it is harder to approach or talk to women more than guys.

Last edited:

lily

Who I'm more comfortable around? Gender doesn't really come into it. Some people from both genders are A S S H O L E S.

I look at the individual and how they are toward me.
that's true but as for me i was speaking in general

In general, i find women are a bit more more sociable, thoughtful, considerate, personable, etc. They tend to value you more as a person with feelings, than value what you're doing & what possessions you have. But i think it's just the majority, not all women & men. And it's only in my (macho) society, in my country (& also my tv experiences).

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
They tend to value you more as a person with feelings, than value what you're doing & what possessions you have.

Interesting point.

Where I live it's generally accepted (though not openly admitted by females) that women, say 18- 30 are all about what you have, the more money, the fancier car you drive, the more flashy you are means they can 'hop aboard' and live that lifestyle too.

In general you can be an ugly p r i c k but pick up loads of women - if you have money. Or be a good looking fella, but be a self righteous a s s h o l e towards people and still get chicks - if you have money.
So money makes you more attractive to most women. I think it's a biological thing for women. You know, better for her offspring etc etc..

So I'm certainly not blaming women for that. The problem is, that most women get involved with guys with money, spit out a few kids then find out that the person they thought was 'the one' certainly wasn't.

Last edited:
Well that's your country, and they could well be like that in my country too, to a degree, but i don't know as i don't mix with 18-30 yr old women (barely any women for that matter, and males too, as i'm a hermit). It's just the impression i have, from my perspective, which might not actually count for much due to being a recluse my whole life (except when i were working in jobs).

lily

Interesting point.

Where I live it's generally accepted (though not openly admitted by females) that women, say 18- 30 are all about what you have, the more money, the fancier car you drive, the more flashy you are means they can 'hop aboard' and live that lifestyle too.

In general you can be an ugly p r i c k but pick up loads of women - if you have money. Or be a good looking fella, but be a self righteous a s s h o l e towards people and still get chicks - if you have money.
So money makes you more attractive to most women. I think it's a biological thing for women. You know, better for her offspring etc etc..

So I'm certainly not blaming women for that. The problem is, that most women get involved with guys with money, spit out a few kids then find out that the person they thought was 'the one' certainly wasn't.
i look at the heart/personality if i can relate at the heart of the individual. Only shallow women will go for a good-looking fella who's an a$$hole and has money. but money is only in the picture when it comes to terms with fun. i still try to have fun even though I'm on disability benefits

..........There r pros and cons to both genders anyway.
^Exactly.
As others have said, there are nasty examples of humans in both genders.
I also think the aspect of sexual chemistry/attraction can make communicating with the opposite gender more difficult, than talking with people from your same gender.

The constant thoughts going through your mind like....
For a female: "Is he only being nice and friendly to me because he wants to get me into bed"?
For a male: "Is she only being nice and friendly to me because I have a good job/money and she wants to have kids asap"?

That kind of makes it easier to talk with your same gender, in my opinion, because you don't have to be weary that they are only consenting to communicating with you because they want something from you.

FriendlyShadow

[/QUOTE]BlueDays;87027
I also think the aspect of sexual chemistry/attraction can make communicating with the opposite gender more difficult, than talking with people from your same gender.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. In fact, that's actually something I forgot to mention in this thread. I think this is also the reason why I might feel less intimidated talking to people with the same gender than the opposite gender . It's funny because a lot of girls out there say that they have more guy friends than girls. They also claim that they're more comfortable talking to guys because they can be themselves around guys more than they can with girls.

Well, my problem is completely the opposite. I know I'm gonna be receiving so much hate for saying this, but I'm just not attracted to guys. Well, it's not just that... I think it has more to due with me not being able to relate with them. It makes me kind of wish I was born gay/asexual. Forcing myself to talk to guys is like trying to put a cat and a dog in the same room together. It's bound to fail.

Well, maybe for me anyways. I also hate feeling like I have to impress the opposite sex because of social norms. There have been people mentioning to me when a guy's been checking me out and I'm sorry... but I just don't want to have a relationship. I honestly feel no connection, no chemistry with any of these guys. I remember a while back in speech therapy, my speech therapist set me up with this guy who I didn't know too well (not as a date or anything.) She left us to talk alone for a little bit.

I can tell you that the conversation was EXTREMELY awkward. I'm not gonna go into detail, but it seemed as though me and this guy literally had no idea what to say to each other. I tried my best to initiate the conversation, but like always, there were the awkward pauses and the conversation immediately fell short. There was really just no connection between us. All throughout my life, this has been a constant thing.

I've noticed the same thing happening over and over again with almost every guy that I talk to, no matter what age he is. And I'm not even being flirtatious with these guys or anything. Sometimes I would encounter guys who were plain rude to me as well. I'm not saying I don't have any trouble making friends with girls either, but conversation wise, I'm a lot more comfortable and laid back with them than I am with guys.

Last edited: