Where do you see yoursellf five years from now?

DanFC

If I can get through this last year and half as an undergrad and I get accepted somewhere in the US, hopefully I will be finishing medical school and again going through the hell that is applications and interviews, this time for internships.

sanitariumcalls

In 5 years, I'll be going on 30 *shudders* and with some luck, will have graduated with my bachelors before then and working a good paying job that I can do from home when I want to :p

EscapeArtist

Trying to focus more on the present than the future, which is difficult for a dreamer. In 5 years, 22, I really have no idea and rightfully so

Felgen

In the worst case scenario I'd be dead a long time before then. In the best case scenario, I'll be married to a beautiful wife and almost finished with my master's degree.

Fighter86

Good lord, I don't even dare think about it. Time really flies, 5 years really isn't a long time if you look closely, and I know it to be true because I practically lost 5 years of my life. Its the most scary thing, while the world was/is revolving and constantly changing, you are still rooted to the exact same spot.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Not where I am now. Other than that I have no idea. I don't even know where I'll be next month, let alone next year or 5 years from now.

3lefts

Hopefully with a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics and paying of the debt somewhere foreign..... that's the plan anyway.

In 5 years I'll be in the future. Which will be the present by then.

In all seriousness, I don't have a clue what I'll be doing. 5 years is a long time. :eek:

Snowdrop

At the moment, the future really really scares me. I see myself exactly as I am now and that scares the heck out of me. But I try not to think about it too much and I hope with all my heart that things won't turn out that way.

Fighter86

I think in 5 years, I will be happy for once in my life and everybody who did me terribly wrong will get their karma and I might not ever know about it but its all good. What comes around, goes around. :)

Well, you'll never know. For many years, I had this cousin who for some reason or other hated me, the feeling is mutual. And for many years, he always seemed to gained the upper hand in any area of his life over me, but disaster did strike. He got a girl pregnant and had to marry her, he's pretty much destined to a life of being a dad and parent when he should be enjoying his life at his age. I was practically doing cart wheels when I heard the news. Granted, his performing badly in his life certainly doesn't improve my, but it sure as hell brighten up my day when I heard the news ;)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Well, you'll never know. For many years, I had this cousin who for some reason or other hated me, the feeling is mutual. And for many years, he always seemed to gained the upper hand in any area of his life over me, but disaster did strike. He got a girl pregnant and had to marry her, he's pretty much destined to a life of being a dad and parent when he should be enjoying his life at his age. I was practically doing cart wheels when I heard the news. Granted, his performing badly in his life certainly doesn't improve my, but it sure as hell brighten up my day when I heard the news ;)

Um dude, being at a a parent at an young age doesn't destine you to a life that is unenjoyable. Life's not a competition, and if it was getting pregnant at a young age wouldn't mean you're "preforming badly." I think it's a little shallow to think that just because your cousin "got a girl pregnant" he he wouldn't be able to "Enjoy his life at his age." Stuff happens, we deal with it, and that doesn't mean instantly life starts to suck. Give your cousin some more credit, you're being pretty petty and should not think yourself so superior in life to others because of one stigma society has placed on them. Please try to be more considerate.

Dave1989

As weird as this sounds I hope to be where I was 5 years ago. 2005 was an amazing year for me socially, had a great girlfriend, massive social circle and was very well known and popular where I lived, I was just out of school and at college as well and obviously was not affected by sp and bdd . Although I still have some things to be thankful for ( I have a new girlfriend who is also great) good friends and a job, obviously the social phobia and bdd effects every aspect of my life including the positive things and hinders me from truly enjoying things as much as i know i should be, i'm going through a pretty bad relapse at the moment as well and when that happens i always get particularly nostalgic remembering how things used to be, but at the same time i think to myself that this was only 5 years ago and I can get things back to the way they used to be.

Confuseddd

5 years... hmm 5 years huh?

I dont know if this is where i will be but
I see myself in college studying psychology so one day i can help guide peoples/childrens minds
^^
one of thoughts that keeps me going

PurpleOne

in five years? i hope the world doesn't end j/k :D

i really see myself having a hard time trying to connect with others, i really hate SA.

Kato

I hope to be raising a child of my own. I will be the greatest dad. They will probably even make a cup in honor of me that says " Best Daddy" I dont think anyone has ever got one before.::p: