when you want to escape

Bo592

So what do you guys do when you want to escape and get away form everyone else. Because you are tried of everyone condemning and blaming everyone else and you feel like all your strength has been zap. How do you pick your self up and get your energy back . What do you do when you feel like you have to rebuild yourself esteem all over again ? what do you do when you feel like you have to get away form everyone else who keep reminding you of all your faults ?

Hot_Tamale

Video games like rocket league or NHL because I love being part of a team and scoring goals and improving my level of skill. Video games with stories or first-person shooters end up making me feel worse about myself because I tend to die more often than not and have to start over and over. Exercise is also a great self-esteem booster for me too. It makes me feel better about myself, like I accomplished something. If I can't play video games or exercise then I read books or play games on my phone. Those activities work well for making me feel better.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I literally just drive away from everything. I get out. Wandering somewhat aimlessly at night until I lose whatever it is that's bringing me down. I come back home from that feeling reborn. There's nothing like a white line on the asphalt and a full tank of gas to get me free.

Kiwong

Running. A quiet stretch of trail with no one on it.

A beach. Before dawn looking out to sea, my back turned to the town I live in, before the human world wakes.

yes and no

I know what I do to escape and it's consuming me. I know exactly what I'm doing to myself too, and I'm not sure how much more my body can take of this shit.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Music or a good book. Getting lost within either usually does me. Plus, naebuddy tends to bother ye when you've got yer head in a book.

GraybeardGhost

Re: yes and no

I know what I do to escape and it's consuming me. I know exactly what I'm doing to myself too, and I'm not sure how much more my body can take of this shit.

Can you get into a treatment program, Psyche? It sounds like something residential might be a good idea, but I can imagine how difficult that could be with social anxiety. I hope you can find some kind of help, even if it's just counseling or a 12-step program. Wishing you the best.

not today

Thanks, but I'm not really ready for that right now. Perhaps some time, but right now I'm not really sure what I want. I have to take myself seriously first and want to stop doing all this, otherwise I feel like I'd be wasting my time. It comes and goes anyways.

grapevine

Oh god _ i feel a like that - for ages- except its not blaming- its more I have to do things and be there for everyone and put all of them first before myself.

So thats the first thing I do is say - im having time to do 'MY THINGS'.

I like to indulge and hire a movie online or watch netflix in bed.
Write in journal, go back onto my health food adventures- clean my room- inspire myself to be who I think I am and want to be more of etc.. lol

AtTheGates

Banned
I usually go hiking at the most secluded part of the river around here (which is actually only half a mile away) . I put in headphones while I'm hiking and just listen to relaxing music. sometimes I listen to reggae but last weekend I went on a really long hike while listening to some polyphony and it was REALLY relaxing. the music combined with the scenery was perfect. The way the sun was shining through the trees at dusk was really majestic. i wish I had brought my DSLR...

anyway, it might seem like an odd choice of music but i explore ALOT of different genres of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUsI8v0-Qkw

Last edited:

nicole1

TV alone in my room is the usual. Games online. I take a journey inward, which can be anything from listing and journaling to meditation.

More in the past, occasionally i would close my eyes & visit my "quiet room". For me that's a totally safe/isolated single-room building situated at the edge of a desert, right on the shore (overlooking the beach). Inside it's padded floor-to-ceiling with purple cushioning material, has a fireplace, candles, bookshelf, comfy chair with footrests, sofa, glass of whiskey at hand, classical orchestral music softly playing in the background, and a small window to see the gently-lapping waves of the shore below.

It's meant to be a place to let off "emotional steam", tho being chronically unable to "relax" & not the best at visualization, i'm not sure if it were ever that beneficial to me. I guess it did help in some way.

A bit more practical is pretending i'm talking a wise knowledgeable old sage, when i am troubled.

SonicMan

I stay at home for a few days and play computer games. That relaxes and refreshes me, ready to start again.

Ads7800

Lengthy driving is the good music on the stereo. Stopping off at walking tracks along the way known to be quiet, i.e. smaller tracks hidden in the suburbs rather than the large parks everyone tends to frequent.

I could do that for weeks.:perfect: