What type of video games do you like?

FriendlyShadow

Just to list some of my favorite ones: Conker's Bad Fur Day(my first favorite game out of all of these), Super Smash Bros Melee, Kirby, Mario kart, Mario Intendo 64, Crash, Harry Potter games, Spider man, Yoshi's story, Sims pets 2, Nintendo dogs, and some pokemon games too.

Iluv

Comp: Sims 3, Civ 5, Diner Dash.
360: F.E.A.R (all of them), Grand Theft Auto (taught me how to drive :cool:), COD, Halo, Gears of War, Resident Evil A.K.A any zombie shooting game, Dead Space.

WeirdyMcGee

As a kid, I was a big RPG fan and played whatever was around...

I mostly like horror/action/adventure, now.
No online play or multiplayer for me.

Enslaved, Fallout, Uncharted, etc.

I actually have no idea what I like in games.

My favorites include;

Portal (1/2) [Puzzle/adventure]

The Darkness (1) [Horror/shooter/RPG]

Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time [Puzzle/adventure/RPG]

BioShock [Horror/shooter/RPG]

Skyrim [Adventure/RPG]

Dead Space (1/2) [Horror/shooter]

Homeworld [Space strategy]

Age of Empires 2 [Medieval strategy]

Chrono Trigger [Adventure/RPG]

I guess Action/Adventure RPG's are mostly my thing.

Generical

Just been going through Skyrim, did a solid 9 to 5 last saturday reminds me of my warcraft days.

Um games where you can mod really help the replayability, first one i had was delta force 2, same thing with the orig ghost recon. Fallout series is def although with playing fallout tactics first, hey i'm only 23, the style on that stuck with me more than when i back tracked to the two original games. Rage of mages 2 anyone play that? Me and my bro eventually worked out how to link up our two computers to do multiplayer shiz.

Good memories on conker's also cousins had it when they came round, loved the multiplayer especially the one where the 'frenchies' were they refugees? I can't remember were running down the beach and you had to gun them down with a machine gun turret or sniper rifle. Ooop and the matrix bonus and ending bits..."Throw the alien out the f**king door"

First fps i played was doom 2 i think, mechwarrior 3 i spent a lot of time on, age of wonders, age of empires can't forget that, c&c, unreal tournament - never did beat the last robot guy, goldeneye/perfect dark timesplitters 2 that good ol' impossible to aim control.

Halo was a big deal, for me it was the first game to really get the controls right, so smooth and accurate, no frustration from the mechanics...it was movie like at the time. Ooop which reminds me of fmv sequences in ff games mainly watched my bro's complete 7 & 8 but still great times.

Had some old games like dizzy on the spectrum, load of weird games 'cauldron' and a batman game we had and think there was an early side scrolling beat em up. So many cassettes. Legend of zelda on the nes, duck hunt we had the gun and mario bros. Cyber dogs on the pc. Zombies on mega drive.

etc.

Raijin

Different kinds of games but mostly fighting and turn based

- Blazblue Continuum Shift
-Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2
-Capcom vs Snk 2001
-King of Fighters 13 And 6
-Arcana Heart 2
-Breath of Fire 3 and 4
-Final Fantasy x and xiii
-Shadow Hearts 2
-Atieler iris 1 and 2
-Zelda Series

A little bit of a lot of things.

Arma 2
Sim City 4
Civilization series
Portal (both)
Age of Empires
Skyrim
Fallout
X-Plane
GTA
World of Tanks

I'll try just about anything once.

O'Killian

If it's not obvious given the size of this post, I'm extremely interested in games and gaming. I try to keep up with the industry and at one point was sure I was going to work in said industry. Not entirely sure about that now, but I find it fascinating nonetheless.

Much easier to list the (types of) games I don't like, really. That amounts to old '90s point-and-click-adventure games (not entirely sure why I could never get into them) and real time strategy games (I can do reflex-based play or thought-based play, but not both at the same time, heh).

I trend heavily towards RPGs, especially turn-based strategy ones (ala Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea, the Devil Survivor games), with 4x (think Civilization) games close behind. Then pretty much any generic 'action' (survival horror, third person shooter, first person shooter, adventure, whatever) and then everything else.

Giving honorable mention to Morrowind; It was the first huge open world game I ever played and my heavy involvement on the GameFAQs boards is what turned me into the Internet and computer buff I currently am. Arx Fatalis is another quirky first-person RPG that shares this honor.

Among commercial games, a few of my all-time favorites (here defined by number of times I've played through) are

Deus Ex (the original; haven't played Human Revolution and was under-impressed by Invisible War),
both of the Star Wars: KotOR games,
Silent Hill 2,
certain entries in the Legend of Zelda series (the original, LttP, OoT, MM),
the original Final Fantasy (I think I've played nearly every remake),

and Sword of the Stars (the original; my computer won't run SotS2 and that's a bit of a mess right now anyway). EDIT: Since someone mentioned Homeworld upthread, I figured I should mention that I think some of the same guys worked on this game.

Oh! And X-COM. The original one from 1993. Only discovered it recently and had no idea what I was missing. Excited for the coming-soon non-FPS reboot.

The first two Fallouts.
The Halo series (which is both overhyped and overhated).
Guild Wars and the two expansions that weren't awful (I am excluding Factions. Screw Factions so hard.)

I'm also big on non-commercial games. This includes a number of increasingly obscure roguelikes (Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, Cataclysm, whatever the heck ToME4 stands for now), Dwarf Fortress, Aurora (which is more of a spreadsheet simulator than a game but enjoyable to me nonetheless), Iji, Gang Garrison 2, and no doubt a lot of other stuff I'm not thinking of.

Also some bigger commercial 'indie' games like Minecraft and Terraria.

I think I'd play a lot more online multiplayer, but I live rurally enough that I can choose between two god-awful connections that are only sufficient for really old or really simple games.

Last edited:

The Lost

GTA: San Andreas
GTA IV
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City.
Saints Row: The Third
inFamous
inFamous 2
inFamous: Festival of Blood dlc
Brutal Legend
L.A. Noire,
Driver 1, 2, Driv3r
True Crime: Streets of L.A & NYC
Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare dlc

I'm trying to expand onto other genres, however it doesn't get any better than a good open-world/sandbox game.

lonely_drummer

Ummmm, oh geez, I came into this thread with the intention of yelling, Mario kart 64 rules!!!! But I think I may be a little unqualified since u all seem to know your games very well. But hell, MARIO KART 64 RULES!!!!

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Banjo Kazooie & Tooie, Star Wars: KotOR I & II, Dragon Age, Assassins Creed (and sequels), Trine & Trine 2, Fable 1 & 2, The Sims 3, Portal 1 & 2, Oblivion, Skyrim, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Deus Ex: HR, Kingdoms of Amalur, Tekken... A bit of everything I guess. Though I'm not a huge fan of RTS games.

DeadmanWalking

You'll usually catch me in JRPGs, although I do go into action/adventure sometimes:). Some series that I love:

.hack
Shin Megami Tensei/Persona
Final Fantasy
Eternal Sonata
Ratchet and Clank
Jak and Daxter
Uncharted
Super Smash Bros.
and Breath of Fire

although I would like to play Resistance, the Tales series, Darksiders, and Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:

chris11

Games that don't require a huge time investment. For example, I enjoy puzzle games, strategy games and first person shooters. Eg: Portal (1 and 2), starcraft 2, battlefield 3

Newtype

Final Fantasy VIII [RPG]
Chrono Trigger [RPG]
Snatcher [Adventure/Anime]
Policenauts [Adventure/Anime]
Metal Gear Solid series [Stealth action]
The Legend of Zelda series [Action/Adventure]
Ogre Battle 64 [RPG/Simulation]
Resident Evil series [Survival Horror]
Yakuza series [Action/RPG]
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault [FPS/WWII]
Call of Duty [FPS/WWII]

BleedTheFreak

Elder Scrolls series (Morrowind might be my favorite game of all time)
Hitman series
Metal Gear Solid series
Dragon Age: Origins
Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale
Fallout
NHL series

and tomorrow I'm getting The Witcher 2 for the 360 since my computer can't handle it. From what I've read it seems like exactly the type of game I'd like so I'm pretty excited.

Hoppy

I would love to be a gamer but somehow never got around to it, and my computers always were too outdated.

The last game I bought was a copy of the very first assasins Creed and my PC crashed every time I tried to play it.

Starry

Some of my favourites:

The 'Tomb Raider' series,
The 'Silent Hill' series,
The 'Monkey Island' series,
'Okami',
'Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis',
'Doom 2' (User WADS are great!)
'Lord of the Rings the Third Age',
'Syberia' (1 and 2),
The 'Dracula' click 'n' point series,
The 'Spyro' series,
'Shadow of Memories' (fantastic plot - not so much a game as an interactive story - known as 'Shadow of Destiny' in America).
The 'Broken Sword' series.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I'm not too much on the video game bandwagon anymore. (It's expensive!) But when I used to play, I played a lot of RPGs, simulators, and platform games, as well as a few racing games.

- The Legend Of Zelda series (haven't played anything new since Phantom Hourglass though)
- Kingdom Hearts 365/2 Days (Have yet to play the rest of the series)
- Super Mario Bros. (Classic NES series)
- Spyro the Dragon series
- Crash Bandicoot series
- Need For Speed series
- Gran Turismo series
- Golden Sun 1 & 2
- Pokemon series
- The Sims 1 & 2
- Animal Crossing (that's probably the most adorable game I've ever played haha)
- Roller Coaster Tycoon series
- Borderlands (pretty much the first shooter and newest game I've played in a while. Really enjoyed this one, 'twas very fun :3)