What type of foot insoles do you use?

IhateHH

Hey i was wondering what brand of sweat/odor absorbing insoles you use. I've been using Dr. Scholls Odor Destroying Insoles since the homemade ionto machine hasn't completely eliminated my sweating to 100%. But my problem is the first two days of using a fresh insole keeps my feet dry, but after the initial first two days, it doesn't work as well. Is there a better brand? I'm i doing something wrong? I've also used Odor Eaters Insoles, but they don't seem to work too well and always seems to be overstocked in stores cuz no one buys em.

Also, i fell back into smoking again and whenever i take a drag my feet/hands will start to sweat instantly. After i'm done smoking my feet will be wet, but after about 5 minutes the insoles does it job and my feet is dry (Only during the first two days). Could i be overwhelming the insoles with too much sweat that the charcoal padding thing is "full".

EDIT: i was also wondering how you can tell if the dr. scholls insoles are worn out, full, or inactive. Is it by color, feel, etc. thx

Last edited:

Hyperfeet

I use Odour-eaters insoles, which seem to do an ok-ish job. Hard to tell how well they work really, though I feel more confident using them.

I dunno how you can tell when they're past their useage or whatever but make sure you dry em out inbetween wearing. I have a few pairs and cycle them round, different one each day.

IhateHH

mhmm thats what i thought.. i use my insoles for two days and then my feet start reaking again! ><... $8 is too expensive to keep rebuying a new pack every two days lol argh. Btw do u live in cali?

Hyperfeet

Yeah true haha, HH is a right old waste of money as well as time and generally life. I've bought way way too many new shoes / insoles this year. All helps though I guess.

Also, regarding your other thread, I think it's meant to be black tea but I've tried it, every day for a week, dries em out for about half an hour but then it's effect stops. Meh. Worth a try though I guess.

And nah, from the UK :)

kygirl19

Have you tried any of the powders. I use Dr. Scholl's oder destroyers and it works great for me. Just a sugesstion :)

IhateHH

^ i searched army insoles on ebay and they all seem to be for arch support and not really for sweating. But it did give me the idea of looking for more quality foot insoles and i came up with two that i might consider trying.

Amazon.com: Activated Bamboo Carbon Insole for Sports Activity Shoes. Control Odor, Moisture, Keep Shoes Fresh.: Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: Pedag 2810 Leather Naturally Tanned Sheepskin Insole with Activated Carbon, Black, Men's 10: Health & Personal Care

they both seem relatively more promising then odor eaters / dr. scholls cuz they "look" more higher quality.

Kygirl19 i've tried many foot powders and they seem to only cake up my sweat and make people sneeze around me lol. Maybe i put too much? I tried putting a little bit and it didn't cake up as much, but people still sneezed :(.

salli

soles will may not be effective enough for foot odor - silver socks and sweat protecting insoles
Search for "Shoe insoles against smelly feet" in combination silver seem go hand in hand, i am amazed bout the results for my son (sport shoes - uuuuh - fxxxx - but now when he pulls them out: nothing!)

Last edited: