what my friend told me about life

Darker Than Black

he said

"when some one says *oh, I can't focus on school/I'm distracted, my bf/gf broke up with me*, those shouldn't be any excuses. Life goes on, people die, things happen. Just don't dwell on the past, it doesn't get you any where. If you're stressed, go somewhere quiet, go for a jog, meditate, do something to get what ever is bothering you out of your mind. Just shut up and get over it"

So true...

What do u think of it?

Kinetik

F*** your friend, dude. I say this not to be mean, but you are your own truth. Live your own life. You'll see that things improve once you take control. Don't let others define anything, and I mean that. It's very important that you set your own standards in life.

Last edited:

funnybunny

Thats all very well and good but not everyone is able to look at life in such a black and white way. We are not robots, we have feelings, emotions andthoughts, whether good or bad and whether we like it or not

dream

I agree, you can't just shut off your emotions no matter how hard you wish you could.
Some people are prone to depression more then others.

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

Just shut up and get over it"

you tell me how you would feel if both ur parents were dead and some one told you to "Just shut up and get over it" i'd punch them right in the nose! i know i would, yeah hold on and we just get over a mother or father or son, or daughter dying no one ever gets over that the accpect it but dont get over it. Worse advice i have heard in ages my friend

Darker Than Black

I agree, you can't just shut off your emotions no matter how hard you wish you could.
Some people are prone to depression more then others.

I tried that "shutting off my emotions for like 3 years, since grade 11, didn't do me that good, I was sad all the time, but couldn't express myself. I'm too sensitive, so I don't show it, its not how a guy suppose to be, I'm so ashamed of myself.

Lorraine Manca

F*** your friend, dude. I say this not to be mean, but you are your own truth. Live your own life. You'll see that things improve once you take control. Don't let others define anything, and I mean that. It's very important that you set your own standards in life.

Dead on and well said! Take this guy's advice.

jamez

Sometimes we all need a little help though, so speaking about your problems is not always a bad thing.

Otherwise, I think it's good advice. Learn to live.

c4w_1337

I agree with both of you, personally.

I just realized this myself recently too--
That when I stress and go into fight or flight-- that I need to fight less, and just fly.

Go with the flow, and don't hang on to moments that have passed-- because that's like trying to hold onto the shore-- it'll leave you wrecked.

I wouldn't say 'get the **** over it' but more like don't be so hard on yourself. It's happened, things will happen-- but all that matters is now.

Mack_Berserk

Thats all very well and good but not everyone is able to look at life in such a black and white way. We are not robots, we have feelings, emotions andthoughts, whether good or bad and whether we like it or not

Agreed. In some ways, that might be a nice mentality to have, but who could really "turn the switch" like that? I may dwell on things much more than what may be considered normal (such as a rejection), but I doubt others without SAD have this unrealistic ability that your friend suggests.