What kind of OCD you have?

springk

hi
i have ocd, i would like to know what kind of ocd you have.
i think its not possible to classify ocd into types as at the base of all kind of ocd there is the same thing-fear of doing something wrong/something bad happening and then the compulsion(mental or physical) trying to get rid of the fear.

i thought may be we could share our story and this way able to help each other.
mine is about having bad thoughts and compulsion to wash my hands to avoid the thought from happening.

OCD can make us feel very alone and sad.and many think that they are the only one having the tormenting thoughts. but its not true. you are not alone. YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOUR THOUGTHS TELL YOU.

so come on friends, lets help each other:)

lunarla

The OCD that I've experienced has been obsessive thoughts. Feeling that I have to repeat something over and over in my head to counter a "bad" thought.

Moonbird

hey everyone im new to this website, an so glad to join.

I have had ocd since i was like 6, maybe even before. It started out with keeping thing in line , like socks or teddy bears had to be straight. Then when in primary school i touched blood and thought i would get aids from it.

It was very bad and i would wash that same finger that touched the blood for about 6 months. I wouldnt eat anything that touch my fingers. For instance i would eat around a chip and thow away the piece that touched my finger. I was like 10 at the time.

I had a germaphobic ocd since them all the way to middle of high school. I wouldnt even accept sweets from friends even if the were wrapped. Eventually that stopped, now i had no more germ phobia.

I now have a strange mixed thought pattern ocd, as well as that negative energy feeling ocd. Its terrible and prevents me from doing so many things. For instance when making a cup of tea i can take a hole minute, just choosing the cup that feels like it has the right positive thought attached to it. Same goes for choosing the spoon to use. It gets bad that i would make the tea and then actually pour it our and make another in a different cup caus it just didnt feel right.

its really frustrating. wats scary is the way i dont know if its my intuition tell me to not do something or if the ocd. I know all the things i do is irrational. Sometimes i will be driving home and i will need to decide which route has the positive thought connected to it or negative.

But mostly my ocd is directed towards the positive negative thought attached to objects and doing certain things. Its driving me mad and sometimes it will stop completely. I have this phobia of death that if i dont do something that feels rite, something bad will happen.

Also, its like a chain, eg. If i dont text that person, if i dont touch the light 4 times till i feel the positive energy, if i dont lie in a certain position, if i dont say that word, if i do this if i do that... etc i think u get the picture.. that my goals in life or watever i want will fail. I know its so irrational but its such petty things that are affecting me. Sometimes i wana eat something and ill even put a negative or positive connotation to eat. Thus i cant even eat something i really want to.

For instance i wanted to eat some of this chilly stuff i got with my food, but then the thought "if i eat this gary (the guy i like) wont like me anymore"

Just really pathetci things. Now i wana do hiking, but i have a negative connotation attached to it and it is really making me depressed cause i want to do it so badly but the thought of it is so negative and doesnt fit, that im thinking i should just tell my friend i cant.

Sorry for the long post but i really needed to say all that stuff:( Please read and comment. I havent even put all my little tics in there

springk

hi , thanks for sharing everyone. i know how hard it is, cos i have ocd. just dont know what's the way out.

springk

hey everyone im new to this website, an so glad to join.

I have had ocd since i was like 6, maybe even before. It started out with keeping thing in line , like socks or teddy bears had to be straight. Then when in primary school i touched blood and thought i would get aids from it.

It was very bad and i would wash that same finger that touched the blood for about 6 months. I wouldnt eat anything that touch my fingers. For instance i would eat around a chip and thow away the piece that touched my finger. I was like 10 at the time.

I had a germaphobic ocd since them all the way to middle of high school. I wouldnt even accept sweets from friends even if the were wrapped. Eventually that stopped, now i had no more germ phobia.

I now have a strange mixed thought pattern ocd, as well as that negative energy feeling ocd. Its terrible and prevents me from doing so many things. For instance when making a cup of tea i can take a hole minute, just choosing the cup that feels like it has the right positive thought attached to it. Same goes for choosing the spoon to use. It gets bad that i would make the tea and then actually pour it our and make another in a different cup caus it just didnt feel right.

its really frustrating. wats scary is the way i dont know if its my intuition tell me to not do something or if the ocd. I know all the things i do is irrational. Sometimes i will be driving home and i will need to decide which route has the positive thought connected to it or negative.

But mostly my ocd is directed towards the positive negative thought attached to objects and doing certain things. Its driving me mad and sometimes it will stop completely. I have this phobia of death that if i dont do something that feels rite, something bad will happen.

Also, its like a chain, eg. If i dont text that person, if i dont touch the light 4 times till i feel the positive energy, if i dont lie in a certain position, if i dont say that word, if i do this if i do that... etc i think u get the picture.. that my goals in life or watever i want will fail. I know its so irrational but its such petty things that are affecting me. Sometimes i wana eat something and ill even put a negative or positive connotation to eat. Thus i cant even eat something i really want to.

For instance i wanted to eat some of this chilly stuff i got with my food, but then the thought "if i eat this gary (the guy i like) wont like me anymore"

Just really pathetci things. Now i wana do hiking, but i have a negative connotation attached to it and it is really making me depressed cause i want to do it so badly but the thought of it is so negative and doesnt fit, that im thinking i should just tell my friend i cant.

Sorry for the long post but i really needed to say all that stuff:( Please read and comment. I havent even put all my little tics in there

Hi moon
i can totally understand what you are saying.

the negative thought that becomes attached to any action or object, and then you feel you can't do that work or you have to do it again till it feels right.
i too have that kind of ocd but mine is little different- i have bad thoughts while doing something and then i have to undo it and again to do it without the negative thought.

like you said, when you were making a cup of tea, you have to make it again if it doesnt feel right.
in my case. if i have a bad thought will picking the cups,i will wash my hands(to prevent the thought from happening) and then pick up the cups.

again , the thing with eating and you get athought that the guy you like wont like you.
you see how irrational the thought is? what has eating to do with that guy.

but then this is what ocd makes us do. WE KNOW THAT ITS NOT TRUE BUT OCD DOESNT SPARES US.
i dont know what to do. but if you need to talk just pm me.

WriterChick3

I have a type of religion OCD where I fear if I even do one thing wrong I may go to Hell. My mind is kind of obsessed with religion ...
My OCD is kinda hard to explain, except I think it's gotten much better over the years ... I'm more of compulsive person, like, I have to do certain things to feel better.

Sometimes I have to take certain things with me when I leave the house for a period of time. I couldn't even leave the house once because I had to stay home and protect everything. I eventually got over that and decided to take the really important things that mean so much to me that I could not live without.
I have a germ thing -- and not the stereo-typical kind. If I'm around someone who is sick, I wash my hands and face constantly, I lock myself in my room, I avoid that person. I don't fear normal contact, I fear the actual coughing and sneezing people.

Lord Baltimore

Pure - O I don't have the counting, ritual type stuff. Mine is all obsessive thoughts.

Mines about 70% obsessive thoughts. Constantly replay every conversation i have to scan for stupid things that i said. And if a friend or someone is in a bad mood or something i assume it's because of something i did or said.

Smurfette

I have a type of religion OCD where I fear if I even do one thing wrong I may go to Hell. My mind is kind of obsessed with religion ...

Interesting. If this is a fear you have, maybe u could read some quotes from the bible that help u know you are safe. For example: Love drives out ALL fear and others that mention u aren't a slave to fear! PM me if u need help. I'm great at finding versus that'll help out...and they work! :)

Felgen

Back when I had OCD, it manifested itself as an obsession with the number four, as well as germophobia. I'm still scared of snails, slugs, caterpillars or any creature that's covered in slime because of it.

forksandspoons

I have some kind of muscular OCD. If I flex a muscle on the left side of my body, or move it in a certain way, I must do the same with my right, to balance it out.

Checking out the window several times a day. Also fear of doing something really stupid in public.

Aruchan

Garden-variety obsessive compulsive disorder for about three years or so. I have what is clinically called germophobia, although I personally have no fear of germs. Yet at home I tend to be superclean, which manifests itself in the classic symptoms--"don't touch me", washing my hands at least ten times per day, taking long showers and using a lot of soap (although I'm getting better), "quarantining" items that I have taken on travel before using them at home (although I recently stopped that), and using sterilization wipes often to clean my areas of the house. Also, not sitting on any chair when clean except my own. When I'm outside though--in a "dirty" state, I am usually quite normal behaving, and I have no issue with touching, washing my hands (I go to school, so keeping clean would be an impossibility anyway), and the other things.
Wow, that was a lot to write. :D

LockieKermit

I remember once when I was little I had an obsession with Santa and everytime I did something wrong I would have to check with my mum if santa was still going to come this christmas