What is your living situation?

SilentBird

I live upstairs in a one-bedroom flat, in a block of four one-bedroom flats, two upstairs, two downstairs. I have lived here on my own for 10 years.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I live with my parents, my brother, and my cat. :)

I would like to move out, but I just need to not be stupid with money (because I'm very stupid with money!). :bigsmile:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I live in a 3-bedroom apartment above my grandparents by myself and rent free. It's a pretty sweet deal, I'm lucky. I'll be moving out sometime though, to an apartment that actually costs money. :crying:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
:bat: Coming to steal your living situation!

Stealing my grandfathers would be a better idea, he owns a two family house after years of thriftiness and a nice big pension after 20 years delivering bread (no college education for him). I on the other hand am on a path to a rent free lifestyle that is an a little less glamorous you could say. Rent free is rent free though :cool:

MikeyC

Stealing my grandfathers would be a better idea, he owns a two family house after years of thriftiness and a nice big pension after 20 years delivering bread (no college education for him). I on the other hand am on a path to a rent free lifestyle that is an a little less glamorous you could say. Rent free is rent free though :cool:
Okay, then I'm coming to steal your grandfather's living situation! I guess he made his life work for him. Good on him, I say! :thumbup:

Please, you can do better than a park bench! Come to Australia and we'll split the rent and get somewhere nice. Whad'ya say? :bigsmile:

I live by myself in a garden level(half below ground) one bedroom in an apt complex. Wish it were above ground; it's too dark.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Please, you can do better than a park bench! Come to Australia and we'll split the rent and get somewhere nice. Whad'ya say? :bigsmile:

Hmm, I don't know, I have seen pictures of those Australian spiders :eek: On park benches we just have to worry about rain, snow, sleet, thunder, lightening, thieves, murderers, rapists, Jehovah witnesses and raccoons. None of those spiders though!

LoyalXenite

Hmm, I don't know, I have seen pictures of those Australian spiders :eek: On park benches we just have to worry about rain, snow, sleet, thunder, lightening, thieves, murderers, rapists, Jehovah witnesses and raccoons. None of those spiders though!

Haha! :perfect:

MikeyC

It rains spiders here, so you do have to be careful sometimes. I recommend one of those beekeeping suits wherever you go. ;)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It rains spiders here, so you do have to be careful sometimes. I recommend one of those beekeeping suits wherever you go. ;)

Those beekeeping suits would be able to ward off an attack from one of those bloodthirsty creatures?! *skeptical*

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I live with my mother, my grandmother, spend a lot of time in this room with nothing to do, my friends are all far away, I sometimes don't even want to get up but I do it anyway just to get to talk to them. Blah blah...

MikeyC

Those beekeeping suits would be able to ward off an attack from one of those bloodthirsty creatures?! *skeptical*
It's not a 100% guarantee, but it's helpful!

(This post bought to you by a huntsman. Michael is dead. I win, mwahahaha!)

mikebird

Banned
Mortgage lender intends to repossess & turf me out

I woke to a random dream. 0622

I didn't expect to see this thread

My last volunteering, and only day, and might be my last. I expect thorough rejection, on all aspects.
The site was a project heading for completion. A garden with wooden hut on a plot of a recent retirement home which looks very elegant, overlooking the lake on my university campus.

A cousin has moved into a retirement home in another county of my family's root, due to his dementia. His wife has a new apartment for her

I woke to this dream (unpleasant) and have dreamt of the start of my life, in a big hotel in Cornwall with my parents owning and running it.

My dream was being introduced to the plan of my Dad's move into a retirement home, selling up home and all, since Mum's death in 2006. Inheritance, cos he talks of it. Embarrassing to me.

My two kids and the wife and me live with my mom and step dad and my 12 year old half brother. Moved here last summer after renting for 7 years. The upside to my situation is that Friday I sing the final papers on the house I'm buying. Three bedrooms, attached garage, storage shed.

Ithior

Currently living in a small T4 with my mother, sister and grandma. One of the rooms has always been used as an office/small living room though (my grandma sleeps in my mother's room). My dad usually comes home for dinner and leaves around midnight.

I'm planning on moving out after I complete my bachelor's (which should be this semester). I will probably stay in the same city for a while (I was thinking about a year tops) until I decide what I want to do with my career. Moving to a different city in the same country or even Spain is not out of question. Anything else would probably be too expensive for me and I also don't think I'm completely ready to live on my own. It will depend a bit on job offers/internships.