What is your level of depression from a scale of 1 to 10?

What is your level of depression?

• 1 out of 10

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 2 out of 10

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 3 out of 10

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 4 out of 10

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 5 out of 10

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 6 out of 10

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 7 out of 10

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • 8 out of 10

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • 9 out of 10

• 10 out of 10

• I don't suffer from much depression.

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

voodoochild16

Hey all, I remember being asked this at a session I had with someone. What is your level of depression on a scale of 1 to 10?. For me, it would be a 8 or 8.5.

MikeyC

This all depends on when I'm asked. Sometimes it's 10, other times it's 1.

A few months ago it was 1-2. I was feeling great. The last week or two it's been around 7 - bad but not lethal. I hope to get back into a self-improvement regime to get it back down to a 1 or 2.

ImNotMyIllness

I think for a lot of my life, I've averaged at 8+...been at 10 quite a lot. Now, I'm around a 3. Even though my life isn't going well and I have a lot of stress and challenges ahead, my perspective is more realistic, my expectations lowered, I'm more grateful, and I find accomplishment working through my issues.

voodoochild16

This all depends on when I'm asked. Sometimes it's 10, other times it's 1.

A few months ago it was 1-2. I was feeling great. The last week or two it's been around 7 - bad but not lethal. I hope to get back into a self-improvement regime to get it back down to a 1 or 2.

Mine goes up and down too. But for the most part, 100% of the time I am not working the depression is severe. When I am working it's still pretty severe.

MikeyC

I think for a lot of my life, I've averaged at 8+...been at 10 quite a lot. Now, I'm around a 3. Even though my life isn't going well and I have a lot of stress and challenges ahead, my perspective is more realistic, my expectations lowered, I'm more grateful, and I find accomplishment working through my issues.
I'm happy to hear it, mate. I wish to become much like you in the near future. :thumbup:

voodoochild16

So not to test you but are you doing things to work through social anxiety or has things just improved on their own for you?.

seems like this thread is going faster than I can keep up with!.

MikeyC

Mine goes up and down too. But for the most part, 100% of the time I am not working the depression is severe. When I am working it's still pretty severe.
Depression doesn't discriminate. While its effects can be lowered when you're busy, it's hard to eliminate. I'm sorry, mate.

voodoochild16

Depression doesn't discriminate. While its effects can be lowered when you're busy, it's hard to eliminate. I'm sorry, mate.

No worries, I know we all go through it. I can't control and decimate it's symptoms, and no one else can, unless a scientist comes up with a cure.

MikeyC

No worries, I know we all go through it. I can't control and decimate it's symptoms, and no one else can, unless a scientist comes up with a cure.
I've found that keeping the mind active on tasks and errands keeps the depression away. Maybe it'll be the same for you, but you said it's still severe when working, so I don't know. Maybe something different will work for you.

ImNotMyIllness

So not to test you but are you doing things to work through social anxiety or has things just improved on their own for you?.

seems like this thread is going faster than I can keep up with!.

I'm working on all of my issues. My Depression does come in cycles but I believe my negative self talk and sabotaging behaviors only adds to it.

voodoochild16

I've found that keeping the mind active on tasks and errands keeps the depression away. Maybe it'll be the same for you, but you said it's still severe when working, so I don't know. Maybe something different will work for you.

Yeah, I have my ups and downs at work. It's still very socially demanding sometimes. So at least I don't get yelled at all the time, then I would have to think of something.

I'm working on all of my issues. My Depression does come in cycles but I believe my negative self talk and sabotaging behaviors only adds to it.

I remember when it was automatic or.. natural for me to think this way, then some research showed me the light on what was happening. I at least know how it all works so it makes it easier to not think that way. You can't always block them all out.. I have found.

GraybeardGhost

I'd say it's somewhere in the midrange right now, but ask me three times tomorrow, and I'll give you three different answers. It's not something you can just stick a pin into and there it stays. Just thinking about it often causes it to change, usually for the worse.

voodoochild16

I'd say it's somewhere in the midrange right now, but ask me three times tomorrow, and I'll give you three different answers. It's not something you can just stick a pin into and there it stays. Just thinking about it often causes it to change, usually for the worse.

What do you think is the ultimate way to get over the depression?.

Srijita52

Depression for me is closely linked to social anxiety. When I feel productive and socially appreciated, I don't get much depressed if at all. So it all comes down to how lonely I am, but I've always been lonely so I guess I've always had some amount of depression.