What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?

simpsons2007

About 10yrs ago a did 150 foot free fall abseil off a bridge I did it twice because I got a real buzz off it

Courageous? Uf, nothing. I just happen to walk into a given situation. I am far too laid back to be anything near courageous. I just do.

Kiwong

I taught myself to swim, at age 45. I always had a great fear of deep water. My fear of water was equal to the fear I feel with my social anxiety.

Phoenixx

I taught myself to swim, at age 45. I always had a great fear of deep water.
^ Really? That's cool. I have a fear of deep water too and I've always wanted to learn how to swim. No one has really taught me and I think I'm too dumb to actually teach myself. :rolleyes:

Kiwong

Hi Phoenix, it is possible, there are many adult swim classes around. If I can learn to swim anyone can. I have not coordination at all.

The trickiest part for me was learning to not fear putting my face in the water, and then blowing bubbles out of my nose to breath in water. I had a few lessons, and the most helpful thing was learning to roll onto my back and trusting that I could float like that if I got tired.

I practiced a lot, in shallow water before I was confident enough to venture into the deep.

Umm, one that comes to mind; I stood between a young couple having a fight. He was very drunk and she was hysterical. I was terrified but prepared to take a punch if it came to that. Everytime he moved to go around me, I stepped in the way. My size and well-practiced blank face won the battle and he staggered off.

Josette

The first time I went on vacation alone (to New York City) about 15 years ago felt courageous. I took the subway and cabs and went all over. [I'm struggling here not to turn this into a negative though...my therapist says I always do that.]

megalon

I went whitewater rafting twice and went for a camping trip which consisted of canoeing through rapids all day and setting up camp on the banks of the river every night for three days. I was so close to giving up and going home at the start, but it turned out to be the most fun weekend I ever had. It's a good thing I never fell out because I have this weird thing with water where I will literally hyperventilate if I have a lot of water running down over my head.

Kathryn.fr

Well this one time back when I was a boy I did a lot of stupid things, but one I've always kind of never forgot was when this drunk red neck was pointing a shotgun at my friends down at the river so I stood between them, I didn't think he had any shells lol. He left, tried claiming the area we were swimming at. Abut 10 minutes later we hear him popping off rounds lol.

Ignace

Going to England meeting a very special girl. Alone .. By car .. With the ferry .. With Agora .. With SA .. and some other stuff i guess. ::p: I died out there !::(: But it was worth it.::eek::

Mickery

Going to England meeting a very special girl. Alone .. By car .. With the ferry .. With Agora .. With SA .. and some other stuff i guess. ::p: I died out there !::(: But it was worth it.::eek::

That's quite something, I'd like to hear about that.

Thundercats

I can't really remember ever being brave. I've always just looked for the easiest and safest way out of every situation.

Like three years ago I jumped into a lake from a height of 12ft (4m), and I don't know how to swim. Altough I was wearing a life jacket.

drganon

Not really. I'm too reserved and quiet to do anything really brave or noteworthy. I have however,done plenty of stupid things.