What is the longest you have been unemployed for

It's been over 15 years straight since my last job (which was part time, but "too much") .. so maybe about 17-20 years since my last real full-time job. :eek:

But that's not due to simply SA, but all the other issues i have in connection to it & work - SP, AvPD (avoidance), HSP (over-sensitive to stimuli eg noises), BDD (body dismorphia), mood issues (overreaction, neurotic/paranoic thinking), bipolar disorder, ..

Yep, for me SA is but the tip-of-the-iceberg of my disorders, and its seldom even on my "radar" in fact.

anomicdeer

The longest for me has been about 2 years.

I'm out of work at the moment too. I have an interview today. Surprisingly I've has 3 interviews so far this year. Today would make a 4th. Not sure if I'd get any of them.

One I won't know til august (maybe before then) since its an apprenticeship.

defiance

currently unemployed and going on one year and eight months now. I didn't get my first job until I was 25 and I was a nervous wreck when I did get work. Anxiety, Depression, and suicidal thoughts will make it very difficult on all levels regardless of what you want to do, at least for me that is :(

Remus

Staff member
Bout a year-ish on two different occasions when panic attacks were real bad

Megaten

I act like a nervous wreck in jobs and if I am doing courses too but it doesn't stop me from doing them.

I think some might not even get past the interview stage because of anxiety and depression. Those interviewers are always looking for who's the "best fit" in places and I think I myself personally give some a bad vibe when talking to me since Im so reticent. And some of the questions seem geared to weed out people who are not well rounded mentally. "What are your greatest strengths?" "Whats your biggest regret?" You cant be too cocky either.

arjuna

I think some might not even get past the interview stage because of anxiety and depression. Those interviewers are always looking for who's the "best fit" in places and I think I myself personally give some a bad vibe when talking to me since Im so reticent. And some of the questions seem geared to weed out people who are not well rounded mentally. "What are your greatest strengths?" "Whats your biggest regret?" You cant be too cocky either.

I think I can fake it past that stage. My last interview was over the phone and only lasted 5 minutes, so they would find it hard to realize. Now, after working with them for a few weeks and they see that you aren't like the rest, that you behave in a strange way, you could get the sack like what happened to me.

dannyboy65

I only work during the summer so usually I go unemployed for about 9 months sometimes longer. Currently I've been unemployed for 6-7 months.