what i would do for a friend

davidburke

:sad: 23 and never had even one friend in real life ever. i try not to let it get to me but it really really lonely. i wish i could have even just one.

ImNotMyIllness

You're from Galway Ireland...very cool! I visited there once! Hmmm.......If you're not in college it will be tough. I noticed that you like XBOX. I'm sure you can meet up with people who also love video games. Maybe put Galway in your XBOX username so everyone knows your location? Also, try meetup.com or craiglist and create an event or activity around your interests. i.e astronomy, video games, etc.

ImNotMyIllness

Oh...You're in college. You can try tutoring. Why don't you join a club? Even better, start a SA club at your campus!!! You'll be a hero to many! Had I known what I had in college, I would have started a club for people like me. If only I knew back then!

davidburke

Oh...You're in college. You can try tutoring. Why don't you join a club? Even better, start a SA club at your campus!!! You'll be a hero to many! Had I known what I had in college, I would have started a club for people like me. If only I knew back then!

thanks. i'm actually not in college anymore (forgot to change bio). didn't pass exams and can't afford to repeat. i really really wanted to join a society/club in college the fan/sci-fi club there actually have xbox tournaments but i was too scared to go to any event and now its too late.

Last edited:

ImNotMyIllness

In that case, use the internet to meet someone. Get yourself out there! Try meetup.com or Craiglist. Not sure if there are any sites in Ireland for making friends.

richardtj

Good advice. And good luck, there are people out there who will be lucky to have you as a friend. Remember that you are someone worth knowing.