What have you tried that's worked or been an improvement?

chrome

Hey, I'd be interested to know what everyone has tried that has helped them?

Whether it be medication, makeup, supplements etc...

I'm trying to convince myself to go and see a GP but I'm wondering even if I do see them, what can they realistically do for me that might work. I don't really want to be put on medication at the first resort so I'm going to try and push for some tests to see if there any underlying physical problems.

dooby-duck

Exercise is a great help with anxiety. I cycle a lot and it helps a lot. It gets me out of the house and helps with the negative thoughts.

Exercise is a great help with anxiety. I cycle a lot and it helps a lot. It gets me out of the house and helps with the negative thoughts.

I second this. Exercise helps the brain to create endorphins that basically help with a lot of things. Or so I've read somewhere. I usually try and jog at least a couple of times a week to feel better. I feel that it's a lot like meditation. It's just you, the breathing and the feel of working muscles.

I haven't found much, my meds help with everyday things, but not always with big things. I am going to a therapist, but not much as come from that. I would exercise, but I cant get myself to get up and do it.

chrome

Has anyone had any success with NLP? There are several websites claiming they can use it to cure blushing, and they have lots of testimonials on their site supposedly backing these claims.

dooby-duck

I suppose it depends on the situations when you blush. I used to blush all the time when attention was turned on me, or when people would talk to me. For some reason, I don't know why but when I started exercising regularly the blushing problem eased up a lot. It could be down to avoidance though. I have a naturally red face and when I blush I can feel the heat coming off me, which makes me very self concious and I feel the need to leg it away from the person.

tarky

clonidine for sure, it's been a life saver. Started taking just a quarter of a tablet every 8 hours for the past 2 weeks and i haven't bushed once since (touch wood). And i would blush at least 1-3 times daily.

Danfalc

Banned
Going to the gym really helped me so much,more than medication or therapy did.I found it really hard to do at first as my sleeping routine was all over the place not to mention the anxiety I had.

But in the long term,it helped lift my mood so much,it helped me sleep better.It helped get a bit of confidence back in myself :) I really had given up hope of ever feeling better before I started exercising.I didn't really feel any benefits at first,but once I had been doing it for a month and 3 times a week it did.

It didn't cure my anxiety,but I can't stress how much it helped,anyone who thinks they could manage to go to the gym 3 times a week should honestly try it.

TubalCain

Hey, I'd be interested to know what everyone has tried that has helped them?

Whether it be medication, makeup, supplements etc...

I'm trying to convince myself to go and see a GP but I'm wondering even if I do see them, what can they realistically do for me that might work. I don't really want to be put on medication at the first resort so I'm going to try and push for some tests to see if there any underlying physical problems.
Paxil has been the best remedy for me (see here). The 1000mg of L-methionine and 1000mg of calcium a day (mentioned here) may be helping too (this takes months and is a gradual process). Other medications that have helped, but by no mean cured, my blushing are beta blockers and clonidine.

gmilne

Banned
I blush a lot >.< but it's got better. I often do deep breathing and that helps alleviate or stop me from blushing, also saying in my head "these are just thoughts not reality" when I think I'm going to blush helps me. Exercise too works, I haven't found any supplement or medication that rly helps me yet.