What do you think about when you're alone?

JosephG

I feel like an empty canvas these days. I used to be really political and I really cared what went on around me and now I just don't really care. I don't think about much else other than myself and getting over my problems.
So I was just wondering - what do you ponder about when you are alone?

simpsons2007

What life would be like if I was someone else. Someone without my problems and being able to live a normal life without getting anxiety attacks every-time someone comes near. Being able to go out and have a job, being able to approach people and talk to them. What it would be like to have friends to hang out with and have a laugh with.

fitftw

candy, cars, videogames, my hedgehog, music. Not in that order. And to a lesser extent, the pointlessness of being.

Alone, I think many things. There is much to be thought. Things to be done, requires thought. Think anything and everything through. Never be unconscious. Know what is to happen.

Kiwong

I feel more relaxed when I am alone. My thoughts are more relaxed.

Sunday's are good. I go for a long run, and afterwards all I can think about getting is first getting water, then how sore I am, then I how much I want to sleep. I exhaust myself so much, that I can only think about basic needs like rest.

I see photos of myself racing, and I can see by the look in my eyes that I am totally focused on the act of running. I lose myself totally in running, and for a while negative thoughts can't co-exist. That's what I like so much about it, that is why it is so good for me.

Phoenixx

Hm... I think it varies greatly with my mood. If I'm alone, and sad (or angry) at the time, I'll think depressing thoughts and/or go over continuously the names I've been called and stuff people have done. If I'm pretty content at the time, I tend to think about everything and anything; current news, random thoughts, plans for the day, etc.

MollyBeGood

Kiwong-you are inspirational. I admire you. what do you do for a living, a biologist right?

i miss riding horses it completely did this for me and is one of the main reasons I loved it besides the beautiful horses and being outside, it was my everything :)

Kiwong

Kiwong-you are inspirational. I admire you. what do you do for a living, a biologist right?

i miss riding horses it completely did this for me and is one of the main reasons I loved it besides the beautiful horses and being outside, it was my everything :)

Hello Mountaingirl, I don't feel very inspirational today, but thanks.

Why are you unable to ride horses? I know it is so hard not to be able to do something you love so much you even dream about it, when you can't. Running is like that for me, it is in my dreams.

Last edited:

Hastings & Main

Anything, but how lonely I am.
That seems to be a tar-pit for me. Once I crack that thought open, I get caught and it sucks me down til I'm drinking myself to sleep. If I catch myself early, I can sidetrack to better thoughts, just about random stuff at home, what to watch later, and translating my grief & anger to writing, which is a good catharsis.