What do you think about todays taxes

ar1605

I bet i hate taxes now of days the economy just gets harder and harder to live in i hate it here in the US because the taxes

MikeyC

I saw this list that said the 3 countries with highest taxes are Aruba, Sweden and Denmark. I live in Denmark, and yes the taxes are high here but the welfare system is good compared to most other countries. For instance free education and medical care, financed by taxes.
10 Countries With the Highest Tax Rate | Celebrity Net Worth
I was seriously expecting Australia to be in there, but I guess we're not taxed as much as I thought.

Denmark would be a very wealthy country to live in, right? Even though you're taxed highly, a lot of it comes back to the citizens in, for example, your free education and healthcare. That's good.

Remus

Staff member
The UN needs to step in to close up tax havens, tax avoidance and evasion. Governments always drag their heels targeting the ultra rich. That way us minions would all pay a lot less tax.

Kiwong

I was disappointed the Australian Government went easy on mining companies, they can afford to pay more for making profits out of this country's natural resources and taking it overseas.

Last edited:

hidwell

I was disappointed the Australian Government went easy on mining companies, they can afford to pay more for making profits out of this country's natural resources and taking it overseas.

But as the mining companies tell the Government what to think and say it is hardly surprising.

Xervello

Tax the rich. Unless I become rich. Then tax the poor. Whichever category I'm in, I'm for; whichever I'm not, I'm against.

Nanita

I was seriously expecting Australia to be in there, but I guess we're not taxed as much as I thought.

Denmark would be a very wealthy country to live in, right? Even though you're taxed highly, a lot of it comes back to the citizens in, for example, your free education and healthcare. That's good.

Yes. Taxes are being used to finance a system that takes care of people's needs. However, things are not perfect and people fall through holes in the system here, but compared to other countries, things are working.
I know Australia has a good welfare system as well (my ex boyfriend moved from Greece to Australia and he´s thrilled with how things work in Australia - Greece is struggling very very much right now)

The UN needs to step in to close up tax havens, tax avoidance and evasion. Governments always drag their heels targeting the ultra rich. That way us minions would all pay a lot less tax.

Exactly
:kickingmyself:

MikeyC

Yes. Taxes are being used to finance a system that takes care of people's needs. However, things are not perfect and people fall through holes in the system here, but compared to other countries, things are working.
I know Australia has a good welfare system as well (my ex boyfriend moved from Greece to Australia and he´s thrilled with how things work in Australia - Greece is struggling very very much right now)
Oh, I imagine things will never be perfect. We have a good system here, but of course people fall through the cracks and it's not perfect, either.

Compared to what Greece is going through, a lot of countries would be a nice haven. :giggle:

Odo

Banned
I think they're necessary but I don't like a lot of the things that the government spends them on.

I'm all for public works, schools, health care and science... but when they get rerouted into propaganda, the military, the prison system, policing instead of social programs and the oil sands, it makes me not want to pay them.

I think that we should all have to pay them, but I also think we should be allowed to choose how that money is spent.