What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

rado31

I used to have an exact vision of characteristics that i like looong time ago . Now it is hard to tell. I really dont know. If one day i come here telling you that i exactly know what i m looking for - don't believe me :)

eR1k

I prefer the independant, intelligent, enthousiastic, life enjoying, interesting, light hearted, funny, good looking type of woman. Lucky me, I'm dating one who has all these qualities :D

persian

I have absolutely no standards :) if she's a three legged troll willing to go out with me, that perfectly fine :D :D

Generic

I don't know as i haven't met them yet ^^

Is funny how in many relationships peeps end up with opposite of what they once thought they wanted.......realising it's not always down to labels, it's just what makes you happy and you don't always know what that is

Haha what am i on about???

4seasons

Good looking, creative, smart, funny, understanding(for the obvious reason) I wouldn't mind going out with a chick who's not into drama but we all know thats impossible haha. I'm also into brunettes. Thats off the top of my head, i haven't been in a serious relationship yet so that might actually be completely different from what i want for all I know.

ripewithdecay

Just an independent, intelligent chick who's passionate about doing something with her life. A strong sense of humor is a must. Serious/shallow chicks get on my nerves quick, and i don't care how good looking they are. Also, most relationships i've been in the girl has had 10 close guy friends, and some of them are exes - im not really the jealous type but that's really hard to deal with after awhile, especially when they tease about her sex life non-stop.

LonelyGirl

Funny, understanding, spontaneous, extroverted. That's what springs to mind when I think about my ideal boyfriend, but I think sometimes the things that really matter are the things you can't put into words.

Doomed2Die

To be honest I really do not know, I kind of dislike noting qualities before actually meeting them, I supppose anyone who is not too proud or impulsive is o.k.

Couples become very much like their partner over time and develope qualities that they may have. So really the whole quality noting thing does not matter too much, especially for some with huge expectations or standards.

Is it not dehumanising in a way to expect such things from anybody? Commitment and adaptivity is essential for a relationship, chances are there is not many so called perfect partners wandering around the earth waiting for you in which after pairing everything becomes a rose-tinted paradise with worldly troubles and struggles easily defeated in unity without a hitch.

RedRibbons

I don't think it's a bad thing to have certain expectations from a partner. This is someone you are going to possibly spend the rest of your life with. Plus, it's just a blueprint. No one truly knows what they want in a partner, until they meet that person. But to look for certain traits helps narrow it down. For example, I wouldn't want to date someone who was arrogant, or dull. Ya know? eh. I could write more, but I gotta go to work, maybe later. >_<

Generical

I'm guessing most people are gonna want the same thing really.

lol hmm never been in a relationship soooo i guess just the person being easy to talk to is the main thing right now, the person that goes outta their way to say hello to the shy person or give you a hand with something ie. nice people lol. The ones that you can feel comfortable around as they actually give a shit about your opinion......often seems to be the people that haven't had the perfect upbringing, they're just happy to be alive etc. etc.

EveM

I dunno really, just caring, understanding, the kind of general qualities most people look for. And preferably someone taller than me :p

scorpion

Someone that could make me feel at peace, and safe. If i could feel that, everything thing else would be fine.

rado31

A girl that looks like anna beatriz barros would be ideal - that is concerning her look..juicy lips , light skin ..bright eyes, small jaw..face
is most imoprtant concerning looks

also i pay attentio to women's hands.

but far more important than look , for a life time partner - characterics should be:

-inteligent (that means she has got no premises, stupid axioms etc)
-childish
-humorous - i think that humour is the only thing that can ease the older days
-unmaterialistic (it means for example that as i' willing to accept the fact that she wont be so beaitiful one day - that she is willing to accept that i could be totaly broke sometimes)
-a bit of normal , but no exteneded or pronounced mother instict ()

kyle

Banned
rado31 said:
A girl that looks like anna beatriz barros would be ideal - that is concerning her look..juicy lips , light skin ..bright eyes, small jaw..face
is most imoprtant concerning looks

also i pay attentio to women's hands.

but far more important than look , for a life time partner - characterics should be:

-inteligent (that means she has got no premises, stupid axioms etc)
-childish
-humorous - i think that humour is the only thing that can ease the older days
-unmaterialistic (it means for example that as i' willing to accept the fact that she wont be so beaitiful one day - that she is willing to accept that i could be totaly broke sometimes)
-a bit of normal , but no exteneded or pronounced mother instict ()

I thought you never had a girlfriend?

Danfalc

Banned
Being short helps cos im a propa short arse for a guy at only 5ft 4 like.... and i feel more like a little brother than a bf with a taller gf :lol:
Im currently actualy taken,god knows how she puts up wid me but she does but she is everything ive always wanted and so much more.But anyway..

Sweet caring and honest... ( I think being able to be honest wid each other is sooo important),understanding and not a judgemental or nasty person.Someone who actualy wants to have a serious relationship and not muck about playing games to hurt each other.Patience of a saint to have to deal with how insecure i am and how much i worry :? And just be able to click and wanna make things work for the long run.. be able to get on and have a laugh ect and affectionate is a biggy for me aswell

So yeah in short just basicaly a nice human being who i feel i connect with and wants/feels the same way and anything after that is a bonus.

Sence of humor is always good... i think you need to be able to laugh to get over the bad times,and because i can be quite depressed its nice to have someone who can bring the fun out of you.

Looks arnt a must have but there defiantley a bonus and its nice to have a healthy sex life aswell and feel secure in that department,ive always liked dark hair and eyes thats always been my "type",but my gf has blue eyes and mousey blonde hair,and to me shes the most beautifull sexy girl on this planet.And for them not to think being romantic=cheesy cos i like to be a soppy git.

scorpion

rado31 wrote:
"A girl that looks like anna beatriz barros would be ideal"

Men and brazilian women!!!

rado31

I thought you never had a girlfriend?[/quote]

You "think" :?: If someone told you that "process" that is going on in your head can be defined as thinking that is just becuase that person is higly poetic or mercyful.

rado31

scorpion said:
rado31 wrote:
"A girl that looks like anna beatriz barros would be ideal"

Men and brazilian women!!!

I wouldnt ever guess that she is from there. I read that somewhere recently still not believing.