What do you guys usually say when you are asked to tell everyone about yourself?

sevenroses

What do you guys usually say when you are asked to tell everyone about yourself? I usually attend monthly staff meetings at work and some meetings we start off going in a circle telling everyone a little about yourself. :p

HeavyRain

My mind goes blank.
It becomes clouded with negative thoughts so concentrating is nearly impossible.
But I suppose I would say something truthful as in "I'm shy and I don't talk much." Then sit down and wait for the next person to say something.
And all in all of doing this, I fear it makes me look stuck up because of the tone of my voice and my expressionless features.
Which is far from what I'm feeling deep inside.

zav943

The last 4 times I was asked that, I choked...
I just say my name, what university I go to, what I study and where I work. That's it.

U

userremoved

This is the worse thing in the world. The last time I had to stand up in a group and do that was in a singles group at church. I'm not really sure what I said though because my mind kinda left me from the moment I was called to speak. But just to answer the question, I had planned to say my name, where I worked and where I was from. I hope thats what I said.

Ignace

In school we always need to do that too. Introduce yourself people.:D Let's sseehhh, we start in front, who we got here .. Ignace ? Ok, hey Ignace, what did u do in your vacation ? .... I always just say nothing and just let the people talk/laugh whatever they want.

yumesa

Ugh, I had to do this every first day of classes at the college I go to. I'm always the one with the shortest description about myself. I usually just say I like cooking and be done!

mrb

i just say why do i have to :confused: what if i dont want to :confused: my life is an open book i say :) its just a pity i cant read it :confused:

Rembrandt Broam

Ugh, I had to do this every first day of classes at the college I go to. I'm always the one with the shortest description about myself. I usually just say I like cooking and be done!

I hate when that happens.

"Let's start by going round and everyone introducing themselves, and telling us something about themselves."

And I'm thinking, "Yeah...let's not, and say we did." :rolleyes:

KiaKaha

Banned
An opportunity to actually tell someone about myself and actually care is rare. I can already envision the eye rolling and looks of contempt as I begin to speak.

Tiercel

I haven't had to do this in a while, but I usually say something fairly obvious. If you asked me right now, I'd probably say "my name is Luke, and I'm recently divorced from my full head of hair."

It shows I can be funny if I want to be, but it doesn't tell them any more than they'd get by just looking at me. So I say something without saying anything.

;)

boro

But I suppose I would say something truthful as in "I'm shy and I don't talk much."

At least youre able to be truthful. I wish I could say something like that and be okay with it. In the past when ive been asked this ive always tried to make myself appear more 'normal' ie not abnormally shy which probably just makes me look abnormal in other ways.

Waybuloo

Say your name, where you live, something unusual or interesting about you or your life. At uni it's easier cause you say why you want to study that course and what you want to be after uni. Say something lighthearted like your favourite colour or food.

Illusions

I usually mention a few of my interests and my educational background/work experience (depending on the scenario)... isn't that what people usually say? I've never talked about my personality before.

seafolly

I was recently called out on my agoraphobia in front of a quiet airport waiting room asked to declare why I was being boarded early and what makes me agoraphobic because I "looked normal." Ultimate public humiliation. But refusing the request of airport staff doesn't usually bode well for you.

In a normal situation, aka no one's asking me how I'm mentally ill, I would cover it with normal, boring facts like where I'm from, what university I attended, what I majored in...at 25 there's not much more I can say. ;) Whatever is relevant to the people listening I suppose.

Richey

there is no way i could explain myslelf with a straight face in a positive light, so i'd probably be really brief and emphasise that i'm a great listener and i have empathy for others .. ...