what do school counslers do??

Driel

I only just saw this post, im not sure what level of school your asking about but im guessing highschool since i dont remember shcool councelers in middle school. i dont know alot about the specifics of what they are "supposed" to do but, from my personal experiance from highschool the councelers worthless. They are there to change class schedules and thats about it, none of them cared about the students and couldnt be bothered to help with anything, which considering they were trying to deal with nearly 2000 students is somewhat understandable, but only somewhat.

however, each highschool should also have a school physcologist, atleast all the ones around here do, and they would probably be more help with any problems that dont directly relate to a class you are in.

I was told i had to see the one at my school because i was missing too many classes, sa and school dont mix, at the time i was definatly not interested in talking to him, as a result i convinced myself he wasnt interested in anything as long as i stopped skipping classes, which i still kept doing :oops:

looking back however i think he did care atleast a bit, and if i had been ready to try and talk to someone at that point in time i think he would have actually been some help.

anyway i hope that awsners some part of your question, im no expert but thats how things were at my school.

Tryin

they are psychologists so they mostly listen to you and help you deal with your problems. and they are free :)