What are you scared of?

Kiwong

"Boo' being shouted at me from close range. It has happened.

Lighting.

Heights.

Homophobia. I'm not gay, but I've copped that at times in my life.

I should add panic attacks, the most frightening things I have ever experienced in my life.

Last edited:

singing-love

Being rejected by people i love and/or care about.

Waking up one day and realizing life has passed me by and i have nothing to show for it.

Failure.

I'm scared of never falling in love again.Being left with only the memories of when I did, and then being consumed by feelings of regret

MikeyC

Homophobia. I'm not gay, but I've copped that at times in my life.
I found out yesterday that one of my female workmates is homophobic, saying that a bisexual man is "f***ing scum." The more you know, right? :thinking:

Froggy246

Lifts, and other enclosed spaces
Public Speaking in all shapes and sizes
Awkward silences
The feeling of fear!

Rawz

I'm afraid that I will never be able to accomplish the things that I want to accomplish. That I will never be capable of it.

Angkorwat

People. Online is fine, but at work is where it gets tough. About to quit my job because of it and go to a psychologist to get this settled.

hidee

I think I'm afraid of a lot of things, particularly things that would fall under the "social" category.

People, obviously.
Talking!
Initiating just about anything or making the first moves.
Rejection.
Confrontation of any kind.
Gong outside a lot of times due to anxiety, ugliness, etc.
Being observed in any way whatsoever.
The mirror.
Having my picture taken.
And randomly, wooden popsicle sticks and wooden chop sticks.

I'm sure there is much more to list, but that's all I can think of right now. I hate being so afraid of living life.

Last edited:

drganon

Never falling in love and dying is alone is the probably the biggest realistic fear I have. The other one is being eaten by sharks, which can easily be avoided by not swimming in the ocean or lakes connect to oceans by rivers(bull sharks can swim in fresh water).

Scandic123

The other one is being eaten by sharks, which can easily be avoided by not swimming in the ocean or lakes connect to oceans by rivers(bull sharks can swim in fresh water).

Well, as long as you make sure that there are dolphins all around you. Oh wait, dolphins rape people. Forget what I just said.

goblin

Emotional vulnerability, whether it's being invested enough to be hurt or attracting people who want to take advantage of kindness.

Steiner

My mom's reaction if she finds me dead. For some reason I continuously play it over and over in my head the imagination of that reaction.

agoraphobickatie

i'm scared of throwing up, the feeling of nausea or throwing up while i'm not at my home..
i'm afraid of passing out or something in public while i'm alone and don't have anyone to help me.. none of that has ever happened to me, but the fear still causes me anxiety =/