"What are you doing tonight?"

SilentAndShy

Since starting my job, my two colleagues who are friendly and helpful, always ask me at the end of the day, "What are you doing tonight?"

If football isn't on, I say nothing much. Which equates to nothing major. I come home, rest, eat, check internet then bed whilst they are doing something, so******ing with friends.

I feel I say "nothing much" all the time and I tend to laugh nervously. I feel uncomfortable.

Same with weekends, I always say I sleep, watch football.

I don't think they think bad of me but feel inferior that my social life isn't as busy as theirs.

MikeyC

There's nothing wrong with not doing much every night. Who has the energy or time for that, especially if you have to back up for work the next day? Not many people.

You may find that the majority of people do that, even if they are social. Even extroverts need sleep.

bcsr

I don't do much ever on work days. I come home, workout, shower, and then wind down by reading/tv/games until bed. When I see other officers drag in to work, struggling to stay awake, feeling like shit, I really don't regret my decisions.

maria76

Since starting my job, my two colleagues who are friendly and helpful, always ask me at the end of the day, "What are you doing tonight?"

If football isn't on, I say nothing much. Which equates to nothing major. I come home, rest, eat, check internet then bed whilst they are doing something, so******ing with friends.

I feel I say "nothing much" all the time and I tend to laugh nervously. I feel uncomfortable.

Same with weekends, I always say I sleep, watch football.

I don't think they think bad of me but feel inferior that my social life isn't as busy as theirs.

SilentAndShy, thwhat I see is that your problem is not the question you get and not the steady answer you have for it.

I see 2 possibilities here:

1. you either wish you were having a more social life - in this case fair enough you may as well start on it, planning carefully. You may want to pay attention to your eating habbits, exercising and time managment skills - working on them may can give you more anergy and make you feel batter about yourself.

2. you're actually not loving yourself enough to appreciate the fact that you deserve to do what you actually like to do (watch foodball etc); you think others are better than you for whatever reason.

Which one is true?

I mostly spent time at the computer, yeah....how spectacular!!

but that's the life of a hermit!!

Lavinialuna

I had my mother over last night for dinner. She has anxiety too and I could tell she was anxious. That sort of sets me off, so I was glad when it was over. Then my husband and I had a good night watching tv etc..

Lorn

I just go with, "I'm studying tonight." Hard to think much of that.

I used to be jealous of busy social lives, but realized I'd hate having one, anyway. I can go home after a long day and have no obligation to chat on the phone, go out clubbing with drunk, sweaty people, or invite anyone over.

LayerCake

Like always studying and then maybe watch a movie on my laptop, or just browse internet while listening some music...

but this evening was better, there is someone in my palace that play Elton John's "empty garden" and other songs on the piano, really beautiful.

Hellhound

Super Moderator

And what do you think everyone else does? Really... Not everyone's so full of energy. Or time.