WebCam

BlackKids

I've been thinking about buying a webcam as I'm trying to push myself to do as many uncomfy things as possible. I'm already starting to think about how people will judge me.

Anyone else have a problem/fear of using one?

AlleyCat

I have a webcam for my laptop computer, but I've only talked to two people over it since I got it. I get very shy and nervous on there.

Jannah

Banned
I have one and would use it but haven't yet. Since I don't really talk to people online or have any friends, the occasional people I do talk to online I never asked them because I don't want to make any body feel uncomfortable but if someone was ok with it then I would sure give it a try.

LadyWench

I have one. I got it for Christmas two years ago. I think I've used it once (in an actual webcam conference, I've taken pictures with it, though). I get too nervous, shy and awkward. So, I can see where you're coming from. I guess my nervousness about it just isn't as strong as yours. And that's fine. At least there is some relation there, heh.

Anyway, I think it would be good for you to get a webcam. No matter how uncomfortable it might make you feel, it could help you to the road of recovery. It's a small step, but wouldn't hurt.

i did at first but i went ahead and bought one :) was good experience and only talk to people on it i am comfotable. plus if some judges you on your looks then there not worth knowing frankly

Noca

Banned
My computer thinks my tv tuner is a webcam so ppl end up being able to watch my tv over msn lol

WelshOne

I bought a webcam a few years ago. I used it once or twice with my Dad on the other end, and a few times with a close internet-friend I once had. Boy did I get nervous using it, and I was so conscious of being on camera that I know I was behaving unnaturally (ie. not moving very much, or being very wooden...)

I get almost as nervous just using voice chat on my Xbox though. Even though it was with the same internet-friend, I sweat pints when using it.

Mikefly

ill do it but it might be some awkward silences, facial twitches so be ready but im will try it.

Cal

I have a built in webcam in my laptop, but I only use it to take pictures and record videos of things that AREN'T me. I don't use it on msn or anything, and not many people I know online do either. But I wouldn't have a major problem using it, though it might take time getting used to.

Sinar_Matahari

I'm not sure why but I just don't like my voice. I think I would be self-conscious and I think I'd look dumb, but you should definitely try it. Push yourself out of that comfort zone.