Wanting to dull the pain?

SilentStranger

More and more I am feeling the need too dull my pain & anxiety. I donno I have never abused any drugs (illegal or otherwise) or alcohol, but I don't know why I feel the need for something like Valium now.

Does anybody else feel like that?

I don't know why maybe because I think other meds don't help. or maybe because I am starting to think that curing myself of SP is not possible. Maybe the cure is to "do the things I can't do" anyway.

Dammit that looks like the only cure and time is running out.

Oh crap!

Ignace

I know what you mean, I think. I never took pills for something stupid, so not for headaches or any common diseases. Now since half a year I just take pills for fun.:confused: This includes a not-working anxiety-dimmer, sleeping pills and pain killers. Not too strong stuff, only things without prescription. I don't know why, I just feel the need to. Is this what you meant ?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Attempting to dull the pain of life with alcohol, benzos (like valium) or anything else tends to have annoying complications, and the long term efficacy is highly questionable.

SilentStranger

I know what you mean, I think. I never took pills for something stupid, so not for headaches or any common diseases. Now since half a year I just take pills for fun.:confused: This includes a not-working anxiety-dimmer, sleeping pills and pain killers. Not too strong stuff, only things without prescription. I don't know why, I just feel the need to. Is this what you meant ?

No not taking things recreationaly. I felt before I had to take meds to cure SP. Now I think of taking it for dulling the pain and maybe to escape reallity. Now I have not been taking anything above my dose. I certainly do not want to be addicted to anything.

But my thoughts go towards taking med this way. Maybe its more about me losing hope about a simple cure and a feeling of this problem being insurmountable.

Last edited:

fitftw

you don't need drugs or alcohol. You just need to breathe, maybe meditate.

When **** sucks, I like to repeat to myself this mantra:

"I'm going to die. Everyone's going to die. That guy over there, yeah, he's gonna ****ing die at some point. So why get worked up over stupid ****? We're all going to disappear someday."

I don't think people REALIZE that enough. You're going to DIE. When someone seems pissed off at me, I'm going to tell them "look dude, you're gonna die sometime. Maybe today. So calm down"

SilentStranger

you don't need drugs or alcohol. You just need to breathe, maybe meditate.

When **** sucks, I like to repeat to myself this mantra:

"I'm going to die. Everyone's going to die. That guy over there, yeah, he's gonna ****ing die at some point. So why get worked up over stupid ****? We're all going to disappear someday."

I don't think people REALIZE that enough. You're going to DIE. When someone seems pissed off at me, I'm going to tell them "look dude, you're gonna die sometime. Maybe today. So calm down"

Thanks mate, yeah I really do need to do something about this. Maybe once I get over my current hurdle.

I use alcohol. SAKI!
Being alone and loneliness are very different things.
Getting off of it now... route not wanted. Known already?