Unkmask yourself!

dark_horse

I sometimes feel like I'm at a costume party but I'm the only one not wearing a mask. I feel left out and totally different although I'm the only one showing my true colours.
I find it difficult (if not impossible) to change myself in order to blend in with the company I'm in. Is this wrong? Is this a common problem?
Because of this I keep seeing people as false and pretending. This leads to me resenting people even more.
Very unhealthy I know...

arsenalwa

You're not alone. It's exactly the same with me. You know what? I don't think it's unhealthy. I mean... does that make being false and pretending what is healthy?!

dark_horse

You're not alone. It's exactly the same with me. You know what? I don't think it's unhealthy. I mean... does that make being false and pretending what is healthy?!

I hate quoting dr Phil but "Do you wanna be right or do you wanna be happy?"
Sometimes I'll take being part of the herd to being myself all the time...

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Yes, same with me. People here tend to dislike me because of this. But I don't care, I don't intend to change, have any masks to make them like me or fit in. Also, they would be liking my "mask", not my true self, which is pointless really... I'd rather be with people who truly like me for who I am than with a group of idiots who expect me to be like them. Yes, I do feel left out and lonely often, and it sucks, but it would suck more having to show myself as something I am not, I would be very uncomfortable... plus, I'd still feel alone.

And yes, I have the same feeling towards most people. I don't think it's unhealthy, I think a lot of people in this situation have the same thoughts.