Unhelpful things 'sane' people say

Kiwong

So this is a thread to write don't all the things sane people have said to you. It's inspired by a thread on a running site, called sh*%t non runners say.

Here is a few.

Head Job. You're weird. You're strange. He's weird. Creep. Weirdo. It's not anxiety, it's a bad attitude. It doesn't look like anxiety to me. Dickhead (they might be right on that), wanker, shirt-lifter. *Screams in my ear*. Is he like that with you? Why does he do it? What's wrong with him?

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Stuck-up c _ n t

Whit ye no' talkin' fur, eh?

You're weird

Yer no' socially anxious, yer just shy

Are ye sure, now...?

You look confused

Yer awfy quiet, is there summit wrong?

I'll come back when yer more talkative

Last edited:

AtTheGates

Banned
idk exactly what people have said about me but im pretty sure there have been more than a FEW unsavory things said in the past (and maybe even the present)...but I cant speak for the present..all i know is in the PAST i wasnt living right and i left alot of bad impressions on people..this went on for YEARS..its strange that I turned 25 a few days ago and im just NOW starting to find balance in my life and get on the right track..iv isolated most of the things iv been doing wrong over the years and started to make some corrections in my life..when I REALLY start gaining ground in life again I want to make sure Im not doing anything wrong..I want to be ON POINT...I made a fool of myself a number of times in the past and was judged hard for all of it...bad things were said by friends,family, and also people I didnt even KNOW...Idk if my life went that direction for a purpose or if it was just a series of mistakes that led me downward but iv gained wisdom from it all....the only problem is I can never go BACK because too many people already know about my past and could potentially use it against me as a social weapon...most people from my past never really gave a **** about me in the FIRST PLACE so I really dont think i'll be missing out on anything....but then there's the nightmarish scenario of trying to make friends with new people only to find out that they know people from my past and then those people are like "dont hang out with that guy. I heard bad things about him"

anyway,sorry for the rant..I went a bit off topic there.

Last edited:

Argentum

"You just have to keep trying/try harder/do something for yourself/take control of your situation." Right, because the reading, the workshops, and the practice don't count.

"Other people will appear when you're doing what you love." I love classic science fiction, video games, and writing, which I do all the time when I'm not studying or working. Speaking of, when was the last time you had the balls to submit your creative work for editors to judge (and potentially tens of thousands of readers if you're successful)? Because I've done it multiple times this year.

"You're just ruining everything by being negative." Right, because what people say on relatively anonymous forums or in diaries is totally how they talk to people!

"If you're struggling, you need a support network." I totally do.

"if you're struggling to get a support network, you should focus on getting better before trying to connect to others." But you just said... !

Last edited:

Sacrament

Asking me if I'm okay, I guess, when I'm really red, but that's not really unhelpful, it just shows concern. Obviously I don't want to draw any attention to it, but c'mon, if your face is bright red, people will wonder what's going on. You only see it as unhelpful or mean or offensive because you're being affected by the blushing itself, not the thing that people said.

Depending on what they say, obviously. If they call you weird and whatnot, no, that's not helpful, and you should stand up for yourself.

Diend

i've only recently stopped becoming afraid of people knowing. remember, they're not judging you, just trying to help. it's okay to be...you.

theoutsider

"I don't like him" (said to someone else about me within earshot)
What? Huh? Speak English (my voice is low or sometimes I speak too fast out of anxiety)
Oh yeah, right **eyeroll** (when I tell them I actually do have OCD)
You should try being more like me.
Stupid

"She is more neurotic than you are"

"So it's like your in Kindergarten, and you need someone to hold your hand"

"What's wrong with you"

"There is no need for you to cry"

"She looks like she is on drugs"

"It's the quiet ones you have to look out for"

Zaki

"Just don't worry about what anyone else thinks."
"You don't even know how to talk."
"What's wrong with you?"
"That girl has problems."

Last edited:

LazyHermitCrab

Why are you blushing?

You're not a competitive person.

You're too nice to get a good salary.

Don't worry, everyone will be friendly.

Speak for yourself.

I didn't know you said something.

...So many ugh XD

nicole1

Just take medicine and you'll get better.
You need help. Like professional help.
I feel shy sometimes, too.
Me, too! (To which I think, "F you!")
You have to get out more.
You need to get out of the house.